Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Heat are not the Celtics... Just yet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heat are not the Celtics... Just yet.

I keep seeing people trying to compare this Heat to the Celtics of 3 years ago. However, both KG and Ray received a pay cut from what I know Neither of the big 3 for the Heat will receive a pay cut. All the 3 will get the max.

And, also the Celtics went on to get solid roll players to come off the bench. James Posey who at the time was one of the best roll players in the league. Very good 6th man. Also Eddie House a solid roll with a solid 3 point shot, a solid veteran in PJ Brown, and to a lesser extent Scott Pollard....

I am not going to count Rondo cuz at the time nobody knew how good he really was going to be... However,the Celtics did get some solid roll players to help the big 3... I don't see how the Heat could get those kind of roll players with giving out 3 max contracts...

As it stands right now the Celtics build a way better team then the Heat... Now I am curious to see how the Heat will make this work... Because, I just don't see them getting any solid roll players for the minimum. I honestly think this week will be their highlight of their whole upcoming season.

The offseasn isnt over. This team is nowhere near as good as the Celtics. I dont think I seen that comparison they only have like 5 players on the team.

The Big Three comparison is accurate.
    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Rondo's gonna eat Chalmers up when they play

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        The offseasn isnt over. This team is nowhere near as good as the Celtics. I dont think I seen that comparison they only have like 5 players on the team.

The Big Three comparisoon is accurate.
        Not at all the Celtics big 3 didn't get max contracts. Two of the big 3 got a pay cut so the Celtics could afford to get PJ Brown, James Poser, Eddie House, Scott Pollard,

When the Celtics got their big 3 they just didn't have 5 players under contract...

There is no comparison...

Especially if they go get 7-9 scrubs for the minimum to play along with Wade, Bosh, and James...

That will not be a team... You need a team to win...

Like I said it will be very interesting how they fill up this roster... Because, financially I can't see how they could set up a decent team around this big 3.

Comment

Beasley is headed to the T-Wolves.

I think the T-Wolves themselves made some pretty solid moves.

Wesley Johnson, Martell Webster, and now Michael Beasley.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Not at all the Celtics big 3 didn't get max contracts. Two of the big 3 got a pay cut so the Celtics could afford to get PJ Brown, James Poser, Eddie House, Scott Pollard,

When the Celtics got their big 3 they just didn't have 5 players under contract...

There is no comparison...

Especially if they go get 7-9 scrubs for the minimum to play along with Wade, Bosh, and James...

That will not be a team... You need a team to win...

Like I said it will be very interesting how they fill up this roster... Because, financially I can't see how they could set up a decent team around this big 3.
            When I say big three. I mean just that.

They have 3 VERY good players. Im not talking contracts.

The Heat have a Big three and that cant even be debated. I dont think anyone has said they are a top to bottom team yet. They have a way to go and I trust Riley to pull something out his ass.

Like he did tonight....

They got 3 pieces they can build around.

Comment

they will be better than the celtics.....

Comment

Working...
              X