No announcement yet.

Gegard Mousasi: "I'm More Hungry Than He Is"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gegard Mousasi: "I'm More Hungry Than He Is"

It's going to be a hell of a fight. I want to see how well King Mo handles a tough fight, because he's definitely going to have his hand full with Mousasi. It's up in the air for me.

Comment

he always takes off his shirt when he does an interview so maybe he likes himself too much haha funny stuff. cant wait for the fight though gonna be tight

Comment

King Mo is going to shut up the haters. enough said.

Comment

Mousasi by Rape and Pillage

Mo hasn't beaten anybody worth mentioning. Kerr and Whitehead and all of sudden he's hot ****?

I can't stand King Mo. He's a poor mans Rampage Jackson.

Mousasi is going to dispose of him right quick. I think Mousasi's training with St. Pierre is going to be very beneficial to him in this fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
            Mousasi by Rape and Pillage

Mo hasn't beaten anybody worth mentioning. Kerr and Whitehead and all of sudden he's hot ****?

I can't stand King Mo. He's a poor mans Rampage Jackson.

Mousasi is going to dispose of him right quick. I think Mousasi's training with St. Pierre is going to be very beneficial to him in this fight as well.
            I think it's not so much the names on his record as how he has won his fights. Kayoing Travis Wiuff in his debut alone was impressive imo.

And I'll go on record to say Mo is better than Rampage. Rampage is certainly more experienced in MMA, but Mo is more talented and is the superior athlete. Mo is the real deal. I actually don't understand all the hate, sure he talks a lot of ****, but you can tell that he really believes in his abilities and I think he is just saying what is on his mind really (do not, I haven't watched a lot of the videos which are probably floating around). Rampage on the other hand rubs me the wrong way a lot more. It is just my sense that Mo does actually have respect for the people around him (hence all the credit he gives to his trainers and what not) whereas Rampage basically seems to want everyone to bow down before him (which I really can't stand). Of course it's hard to tell from a few soundclips and video snippets, and for all I know I'm misreading one or both of the guys, those are just my initial impressions (you could say).

Comment

Both Mo and Rampage are arrogant *******s, anyone who has to bring a borderline theatrical aspect to their sport is always gonna have an arrogant streak. Both of them are as bad as each other.

Fortuantely, skills pay the bills and skill-wise Mo has great potential. His wrestling credentials speak for themselves, he was a wrestling badass. However, this is his true test against Mousasi. Wiuff although a seasoned vet has always toiled in mid-level competition and any step up to borderline top level competitors he has failed. Same can be said for Whitehead and Kerr, not to mention those cans he was fed in Sengoku. That being said against the competition he has faced he has shown alot of natural ability to fight and doesn't seem to be content with relying on his wrestling which is great to see this early in his fight career and the willingness to learn those aspects let alone use them is gonna serve him well in the long term.

This fight could either be Mo's coming out party or the continuation of Mousasi's rise. Mousasi is coming into his own at the moment, and that training he's been doing with Fedor seems to be working very well. This is the first fight in Mo's career so far that he is actually in there with someone that is a genuine threat, a great finisher and is a live opponent. There's actually some danger in this bout for Mo which is something he didn't have before so I am interested to see how he deals with adversity.

I'm backing Gegard to win the fight. Purely on the fact that the experience, timing, all-round skillset are in his favour. With Mo it's really a mixture of untapped potential and hype that most people who are backing him to win are basing their choice on. I can see why, which is why I wouldn't rule out him winning either.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                I think it's not so much the names on his record as how he has won his fights. Kayoing Travis Wiuff in his debut alone was impressive imo.

And I'll go on record to say Mo is better than Rampage. Rampage is certainly more experienced in MMA, but Mo is more talented and is the superior athlete. Mo is the real deal. I actually don't understand all the hate, sure he talks a lot of ****, but you can tell that he really believes in his abilities and I think he is just saying what is on his mind really (do not, I haven't watched a lot of the videos which are probably floating around). Rampage on the other hand rubs me the wrong way a lot more. It is just my sense that Mo does actually have respect for the people around him (hence all the credit he gives to his trainers and what not) whereas Rampage basically seems to want everyone to bow down before him (which I really can't stand). Of course it's hard to tell from a few soundclips and video snippets, and for all I know I'm misreading one or both of the guys, those are just my initial impressions (you could say).
                I was referring more to Rampage and Mo's trash talking and sense of humor than I was there fighting skills. I think comparing their skills and trying to determine who the better fighter is, is quite dumb. Rampage clearly has more impressive wins, a tested granite chin, 1 punch knockout power, great defensive boxing and great wrestling

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                  I was referring more to Rampage and Mo's trash talking and sense of humor than I was there fighting skills. I think comparing their skills and trying to determine who the better fighter is, is quite dumb. Rampage clearly has more impressive wins, a tested granite chin, 1 punch knockout power, great defensive boxing and great wrestling
                  Like I said, experience favors Rampage. My opinion is that Mo has tremendous upside. It is just my opinion. As far as wrestling goes there is no comparison. Mo is head and shoulders above and is still worldclass caliber even now.

Comment

Working...
                  X