No announcement yet.

I cant remember a bigger hype drop than lucas mattyhysee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    WTF are Lucas fans supposed to say? He lost, that's that.

He's gonna be back, and better than ever. If you really think about it, if it weren't for the eye, he could have REALISTICALLY won the fight.

It's not one of those fights where 1 guy was clearly superior. If you played that fight out 10 times, and with no random eye swelling, I think Lucas wins 7 of the 10 fights.

P.S. That wasn't just blood or a cut above the eye, he was legally blind in one eye.
    its not that hes not fighting, its because he was supposed to dismantle garcia with ease and danny was "shook"

Comment

Much respect for Garcia for..I was gonna say, for making it a discussion, but I should say.. Much respect TO Garcia for DEADING the discussion.

Take it as you will...

Comment

I warned these buffoons not to hype him too much before the Garcia fight and they didn't listen.....JSFD26 had to enter rehab but he is back and healthy which is good to hear...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
          its not that hes not fighting, its because he was supposed to dismantle garcia with ease and danny was "shook"
          And I don't remember 1 Lucas fan not giving Danny props.

But your OP is right, the Lucas hype did die down. Oh well, I'll still be on the bandwagon.

Comment

Boxing fans need to learn not to overhype a fighter just because of 1 specific KO ala Lucas KO'n Peterson. one fight doesnt make you a machine nor the best fighter in the universe. I seriously just laugh at people like that. Lucas has never had a dominating run in boxing except for when he was boxing in his country knocking out nobodys. Here in the states hes done absolutly nothing except for KO'n Peterson but that doesnt make you an unbeatable machine that will run over and KO all comers. Sure you can say he beat Judah but the moral of that story is he if he was this monster of a fighter he should have ran through Judah. Same goes for the Alexander fight.

Comment

I think a lot of US, myself included, thought that Matthysse gave two legitimate contenders, Devon AND Judah, a very contested fight.

He dropped them both..and he was this new guy a lot of us had never seen (all the signs for a hype job)..

Then Danny comes along, does basically the same thing in dropping Khan and Morrales (TWICE!), but yet.. Who do you pick?

They both warranted the respect, adulation, and thoughts of subsequent "dismantling" of their opponent by most fans..

It was just one of those WHO U GOT? fights and Garcia let us all know who to GET from now on...as far as 140 is concerned...

Matthysse is still a problem.....

..just not for Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                The swell on his eye didn't rattle his brain and almost render him unconscious. It was a shot that landed on the wrong spot at the wrong time for Lucas.

Yes, he beat Lucas. I acknowledge that, and I give Danny huge props.

But Ill say it again, if it weren't for the eye, the fight could have been much different. Would you agree or not, and just answer the question, don't be a smartass.
                If it wasn't for JMM right hand, Pac would not be sleeping in the 6th round. I give Pac full credit "doe"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
                  You can't dismantle someone if you can't see out of one eye, the fight changed with that injury.

Originally posted by Saul_Good View Post
                  Matthysse is still a problem.....

..just not for Garcia.
                  Matthysse was winning the fight. Garcia wasn't get through with much at all until LM couldn't see the shots coming.

Comment

Berto was supposed to be Floyd's replacement. He since gotten his ass kicked severely 3 times in a row. He's my pick for biggest hypejob of recent times.

Comment

And also, Lucas lost in a close fight with one eye. Hardly exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X