Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Major League Baseball's greatest player ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2013
    Gwynn was NL batting champion an incredible 8 times.

His lifetime average is .338 with 3141 hits.

Griffey's lifetime average was .284 with 2781 hits.

Gwynn finished in the top 10 in batting average for 15 consecutive seasons.

He recorded five of the 14 highest season averages since Ted Williams hit .400 in 1941.

Gwynn hit above .300 in an NL-record 19 consecutive seasons, exceeded only by Ty Cobb with 23.
    And im sure there is many different things/stats I could bring up on griffey that gwynn could only dream of....like running. I'm aware that gwynn was a terrific average hitter and got a lot of hits, but there are so many other aspects in he context of best player that need to be considered. I mean, atleast ichiro can run fast, is a tremendous fielder And has a cannon of an arm....aswell as being a tremendous average hitter. But yeah, if we are talkkng about best player, all the tools of the game need to be analyzed, and figure who put them all together the best. Imo i suppose.

Im curious where Pete rose fits in this thread?

Comment

Ted Williams.

Comment

No Pete Rose, Willie Mays, Mel Ott, or Lou Gehrig? This poll ****ing sucks.

Who makes a thread poll titled "greatest baseball player ever" and then limits the options to mostly hitters? A ****, that's who.

Comment

Please.....Babe Ruth couldn't play today. His overweight ass would be eaten alive by modern pitching, plus he never played night games either.

If you leave out the PED users, it's probably Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Albert Pujols is up there, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Rickey Henderson, Mike Schmidt, Joe Dimaggio, Frank Rosinson, etc. Any of these guys are good picks.

Than of course, if you include the PED guys....Alex Rodriguez and Barry Bonds are certainly up there, very high.

I think with baseball, you have to separate position players and pitchers in terms of greatness.

The old timers, guys prior to Dimaggio, Williams, Musial, a lot o them couldn't play in other era's. The game got so much better and pitching got more difficult.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 07-20-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

The only modern day baseball player I respect is Ken Griffey Jr. He's the only player I believe never cheated or took illicit substances.

Comment

Stop all your whining and b1tching.

If you don't like it, make your own thread.
              Says the f*ggot who openly admited to never even watching baseball, then deleted the post as he so often does so he can't be held accountable for the things he's said. Other people might not be able to see your deleted bull****, but I read it quite frequently just for moments like these....

You've never even discussed baseball once during your painfully tedious tenure here. You're just some ******ed meatbag who saw a list of great players somewhere and decided to turn it into a poll here, without even realizing that the list was skewered and biased.

Read it and weep, sweetheart.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Says the f*ggot who openly admited to never even watching baseball, then deleted the post as he so often does so he can't be held accountable for the things he's said. Other people might not be able to see your deleted bull****, but I read it quite frequently just for moments like these....

You've never even discussed baseball once during your painfully tedious tenure here. You're just some ******ed meatbag who saw a list of great players somewhere and decided to turn it into a poll here, without even realizing that the list was skewered and biased.

Read it and weep, sweetheart.

Comment

There is a huge discrepancy in baseball stats for two major eras. In the early years blacks weren't allowed to play in the majors so there is a big asterisk next to all of those numbers, and obviously in the 80's to now era there is steroids so there is another big asterisk.

Comment

Wow, you must be really obsessed with me to search through all my deleted posts.

Don't you have anything better to do with your nights?

What I posted there is true. I don't watch baseball now, and haven't done so for many years.

But there was a time when I was between age 9 and 14 when I played and watched baseball a lot. There are many things I did as a child that I don't do as an adult. Sadly, some people like yourself never grow up.

Some of my interests have even changed since I posted that in 2009.
                    Yeah, yeah. I'm a "stalker" now. It's called a search feature, ****face. What's next? You gonna call me a bully and compare me to a long deceased Roman Emperor who abused his power?

I'm going to start calling you window because you're so transparent.

You were exposed, ****. Deal with it.

Comment

You took some names off a box-rec type of site for baseball, started googling all types of stats, and thought you were the next Tim Kurkijan.

Yeah, lets throw Tony Gywnns name out there. That will lend credibility.

Just face it. Your omission of several names already named in this thread is not an indictment of us, but rather on YOU.

Better luck next time, chap.

Comment

Working...
                      X