No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Mitchell Shocks John Murray, TKO Win in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Not too suprising, Murray's opponent win/loss record was completly crap like 420-600. Mitchells was like 420-300, still crap but ALOT better than Murray, I dont know why people hyped Murray up so much, the loss on Mitchells record was 10x better than any opponent that Murray ever faced.

Stupid UK bookies buying into the Frank Warren hype.

Thanks for the money Mitchell!
    We knew didn't we mate! Knew that 6/1 for the Mitchell KO/TKO/DQ was far too big.

Thank goodness for this fight, the rest of the Sky Sports card was total garbage, and after Haye/Klit it was good to see a match where both fighters were willing to trade. I gave up a night on the tiles with the lads to watch this, so cheers Mitchell and Betfred for the dosh.
    Last edited by Cleaver; 07-16-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szymonpl86
      great article. but one quote that is 100% wrong in it is "since last year's shocking knockout to Michael Katsidis" come on who was actually shocked mitchell got knocked out. I for one sure wasn't i was expecting kats to ko his ass. both guys stink this fight was the main event of a ppv card in the uk at best in the USA it be a undercard on espn friday night fights.
      It wasn't ppv so take your poor uninformed comments somewhere else it was on sky sports one which is a general sport subscription channel . sky sports comes in a package costing around 30 pound a month .

Comment

Like Kevin, glad he won but wish everyone would stop acting like he only lost the Katsidis fight cos he didn't train properly.

Comment

This wasnt a shock to me. John Murray was waiting to get KOed as soon as he stepped up in class. Hes a poor man's Ricky Hatton

Comment

great fight and a very good win for mitchell,never liked murray he was hyped up too much

Comment

i was personaly very hard on Kevin b4 the Katsidis fight just watched the fight and can say i'm a massive fan of him now great fight great knockout

Comment

GOD!!!!!!

I seriously feel like an idiot for not betting on this fight, I was one click away from doing it too but backed down.

Comment

cant believe i missed this fight! i completely forgot about the UK time swing. . .

glad to see mitchell got the W. so much for the "Show us the Murray"! .

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                    What the hell are you talking about? Murray was fighting a "domestic" rival who was coming off a loss and 14 months out of the ring. Murray was a hypejob that made a name fighting journeyman and dropping khans name.

Im glad he got knocked out.
                    I'm glad he got knocked out, too, but he took a fight he didn't have to take against a dangerous domestic rival, unlike Hatton, who punked out (not that he isn't a superior fighter to Murray). Ray is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
                      What ducking and fighting a WORLD CLASS fighter?
                      Do you know how long Witter was knocking on Hatton's door and deserving of a fight?

Since time before Hatton was on the world level. And it would have been a lucrative fight back then, make no mistake.

Hatton punked. Whatever you think of Witter, however bad you think Hatton would've beat him, Hatton punked and denied everybody that exciting event. Fact.

Oh, and David Haye's a joke, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X