Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think Joe Calzaghe's ATG Ranking May Have Just Went Up....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think Joe Calzaghe's ATG Ranking May Have Just Went Up....

Considering he beat such a ATG in Hopkins in the USA. And 3 years on, Hopkins is number #1 at 175lb.

I think this proves he really could hang with the best. I agree he did have alot of fairly easy title defences and maybe should of took more risks.

But his record of 46-0 and now his win over Hopkins, if fairly damn impressive. Surely a top 100, right?
    Last edited by Perfect Plex; 05-22-2011, 10:49 AM.

Joe Calzaghe will never enter my Top 100 even if he KO Wlad tomorrow.

Comment

Calzaghe is top 40 at worst.

Marciano is the only guy with a better record, Joe Louis is the only guy with more consecuttive Title defenses.

Very best at his weight class and defeated the two biggest names of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
        Calzaghe is top 40 at worst.

Marciano is the only guy with a better record, Joe Louis is the only guy with more consecuttive Title defenses.

Very best at his weight class and defeated the two biggest names of his era.
        Ricardo Lopez has an even glossier record at 51 - 0 - 1.

Dariusz Michalczewski has more title defenses.

Beating the two biggest names of his era when both were 83 years old isn't that impressive. In order to be the best you have to fight the best.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe is not an ATG to begin with.
          Last edited by JAB5239; 05-22-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

One good win(most had B-Hop winning) doesn't make you an ATG.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe isn't an ATG in my book.

Comment

why? I wasnt surprised whatsoever that Hopkins beat Pascal. Hell, he already has a win over him in my book.

I give Calzaghe credit for beating the version of Hopkins that he beat, Hopkins beating someone who was a perfect style matchup for him doesnt change anything.

Comment

Jermain Taylor beat Hopkins twice I guess that means he's top 20 now
                  Roy Jones beat prime hopkins I guess that makes him top 5 now ....

Hopkins win is good for Hopkins I don't see why it needs to turn into an ode to a guy who scraped to a dodgy decision and ran from offering him a rematch
                  Last edited by Daddy T; 05-22-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    Jermain Taylor beat Hopkins twice I guess that means he's top 20 now
                    Roy Jones beat prime hopkins I guess that makes him top 5 now ....

Hopkins win is good for Hopkins I don't see why it needs to turn into an ode to a guy who scraped to a dodgy decision and ran from offering him a rematch

Exactly........

Comment

Working...
                    X