zab judah wasted alot of potential

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zab judah wasted alot of potential

i think he should have achieved more than he did. discuss

well, at least he's not getting accused of steroids right now... or being sued for millions.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
      i think he should have achieved more than he did. discuss
      I was thinking that the other day. I remember when he came onto the scene around 1999/2000. He looked great and he had so much potential. It's funny because in the 1st Round of the Tzsyu fight he was out boxing KT, but got cocky and got caught big time.

I think in a way he never really fully recovered from that KO. Sure he came back and did better than most contenders, but he never for-filled his potential and ability. I think he lacked a lot of mental toughness.

Comment

Excellent post. His defeat of Cory Spinks showed his potential in action, but his loss to Baldomir showed that he had holes in his talent, meaning his had huge talent, but the talent had holes in it.

Really, he should have achieved more, but without his talent, he would have done less in his career than he has done at this point with his wasted talent.

It's a shame, but not as shameful as it could have been.

Comment

i think i mentioned this on Leftygunnz' thread 'judah is a bum';

Zab had the perfect opportunity to carve out an ATG resume...the skill was there and more importantly, the names in his era were there

imagine Judah with the mental fortitude of a Hopkins and imagine having the following names as Ws on his resume: Tszyu, Hatton, Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito, DLH, Mosely....there were enough people in his time to have really made him one of the best ever

but then i see footage of him jumping some guy with his posse out in Miami and remember why he is where he is

Comment

Sure did..Zab is a thug..He carries the OUT OF THE RING persona of Floyd while he is IN the ring and while he is training..He is one of the most talented fighters of this generation, my favorite fighter personally. He may not have been able to sustain the success many would think he would have, that doesn't take away from the fact that he is still a dangerous dangerous fight for any top fighter out there. You never know what you are going to get with him and if he SOME HOW comes into a fight %100 focused he can handle anybody out there. But that most likely would not happen...But it could..and thats why i love watching him fight

Comment

Originally posted by lyricalether View Post
              Sure did..Zab is a thug..He carries the OUT OF THE RING persona of Floyd while he is IN the ring and while he is training..He is one of the most talented fighters of this generation, my favorite fighter personally. He may not have been able to sustain the success many would think he would have, that doesn't take away from the fact that he is still a dangerous dangerous fight for any top fighter out there. You never know what you are going to get with him and if he SOME HOW comes into a fight %100 focused he can handle anybody out there. But that most likely would not happen...But it could..and thats why i love watching him fight

the last time i saw him come 100% mentally in the ring was when he went into Cory's backyard and whooped him...in front of Nelly....that was vintage Judah

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                the last time i saw him come 100% mentally in the ring was when he went into Cory's backyard and whooped him...in front of Nelly....that was vintage Judah
                Not Nelly!!! Usually though he gets discouraged and unfocused it seems when he is not in control and having his way with an opponent even one he could beat if he could just stick to the gameplan......he had the talent to beat Kosta.

Comment

I wish they would of had least gave him the knockdown when he made mayweathers glove touch the mat.

Comment

he's just a thug!

if floyd smacked him after that low blow, I'd have cheered for floydie!

Comment

Working...
                    X