No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez: Mayweather Club Members Discuss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez: Mayweather Club Members Discuss

After much uncertainty regarding Manny Pacquiao's return to the ring, it looks like we might be back where we first started, with Mexico City's Juan Manuel Marquez having the edge for another crack at the Filipino icon inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 10th.

Pacquiao edged Marquez via a highly-debatable majority-decision last November in another tense battle that could have gone either way, as was the case in their first two duels.

Pacquiao surrendered his WBO welterweight crown to unbeaten Timothy Bradley on June 9th in a fight he appeared to clearly win despite dropping a split-decision, and despite having a strong desire to avenge that defeat, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has constantly hinted that a rematch doesn't make economical sense at this point. [Click Here To Read More]

Manny aint worth a 50/50 split with Floyd. Your alternative is Marquez 4 and you turn down 40 mil. I forgot Manny dropped out of school at 11. The sad part is this dummy might end up the president of the PI.

Comment

I still think it will be an exciting fight. If Marquez gets his dream come true at another chance he has to deliver. He can't fight like the last time and just look like he is trying to survive. He has to go out there and totally go for the win in a clear and convincing fashion. Honestly, in my opinion, he didn't do enough in any of the fights with Pacman to deserve a win. He needs to really erase any doubts and go balls out this time. Not be so dang cautious and respectful in a sense. It's his own fault he hasn't got any of the decisions!

Comment

Man even with a hurricane heading straight my way doesn't dilute the fact that Bob Arum is still ducking the Mayweather fight!

I told everyone years ago that Pac would be exposed and by the time he retires people would be fed up with Bob Arum's circus show.

Comment

Pac vs Marquez IV

Not interested in this fight what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TboneNYC09 View Post
            Not interested in this fight what so ever.
            Agreed. There's nothing alluring or exciting about seeing this fight. If u wanna watch it over just look at the other three. They were all similar enough.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Man even with a hurricane heading straight my way doesn't dilute the fact that Bob Arum is still ducking the Mayweather fight!

I told everyone years ago that Pac would be exposed and by the time he retires people would be fed up with Bob Arum's circus show.
              That hurricane is suppose to miss Florida now and hit Mississippi/Alabama.

Honestly, there is no one right now for Pac to fight, other than Floyd or if he wanted to avenge the "loss", Bradley.

He should have told Arum that he wasn't going to fight in the fall, and to make Pac-Floyd for sometime between February-April 2013.

Comment

This is boring,tired of these recycled ass fights

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                  Manny aint worth a 50/50 split with Floyd. Your alternative is Marquez 4 and you turn down 40 mil. I forgot Manny dropped out of school at 11. The sad part is this dummy might end up the president of the PI.
                  How about 70/30 Split, with the Winna Getting the 70%???
                  Of course FRAUD will need a Long Vacation, to Get His ROIDS SQUARE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                    How about 70/30 Split, with the Winna Getting the 70%???
                    No fighter would EVER agree to a split with the winner getting a certain % because of the possibility of getting robbed. DUH.

In terms of PPV and ticket revenue generated per fight, Floyd out sells Pac. That's all there is to it. It should be 55-45.

Comment

Working...
                    X