No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya: "Manny Pacquiao was the most difficult opponent I faced"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i think he knocks manny out without a ton of fuss. he had the counterpucnhing skills, the jab, the size, the chin, everything. the big issue would be the size. oscar was freaking enormous at 135. i don't know if manny could hurt him, but i know he could hurt manny.

his only issue is that he was a primarily one handed fighter. his left hook doesn't have great angles to land on a southpaw, and manny used terrific footwork and angles.
    Yup, if only we could match fighters at their peaks somehow every time.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Manny could hurt anyone under 147 lbs with the right shot.

Comment

The Pacquiao fight was brutal, round 7 was the worst beating I've ever seen Oscar take and hes fought some killers

Comment

As another poster said, never take Oscar serious in interviews because his opinions and point of view always flip flop.. I mean you can just youtube it, but I do believe him here and honestly.. ANYONE who has fought Pacman knows he was their toughest fight, except for probably Marquez who would probably say mayweather and Bradley were abit tougher to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Yup, if only we could match fighters at their peaks somehow every time.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Manny could hurt anyone under 147 lbs with the right shot.
          Manny hurts ANYONE under 147 even those with great chins, I dont care who they are.. after awhile their face will just be brutalized, he just didnt carry his devasting power to 147 but thats understandable, he still gave a man 20 pounds heavier than him the business.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
            As another poster said, never take Oscar serious in interviews because his opinions and point of view always flip flop.. I mean you can just youtube it, but I do believe him here and honestly.. ANYONE who has fought Pacman knows he was their toughest fight, except for probably Marquez who would probably say mayweather and Bradley were abit tougher to deal with.
            Oscar is only being serious when he says good things about Floyd right?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Am I the only one who thought Oscar seemed a little off? I thought it was a very weird interview when I watched it live
              what you think of rob salka as opponent for garcia?

Comment

See Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Atlas probably died a little inside when Oscar uttered Pacquiao's name

Comment

Respect to Oscar though he wasn't himself that night I'm sure he didn't expect Pac to put a best down like he did.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
                      Atlas probably died a little inside when Oscar uttered Pacquiao's name
                      Thought the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X