Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an appetite for Mayweather Jr v Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not right now but maybe early 2014.

Comment

Oscar just said it's growing. Which is true, the attractiveness of the fight grew from like 2 years ago. One more win, like against Cotto or Trout, and the fight will be fully grown. It will be legit[in most fans eyes]. It could have been right now, if the Williams, Ortiz, or Kirkland fights never fell through and Canelo had a win over one of them. Personally the fight is legit with me right now, but I rather Canelo get one more win over a name opponent. When Mayweather-Canelo gets signed, I want to talk about the fight and how it could play out. Not read people *****ing about how it's too early and how the fight sucks.

People are going to love this fight, it's going to sell a lot. Two popular guys who are 40+ and 0 is always attractive. Casual fans will love it. Same people who don't like it now, will be calling Floyd out to fight him next year.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Oscar just said it's growing. Which is true, the attractiveness of the fight grew from like 2 years ago. One more win, like against Cotto or Trout, and the fight will be fully grown. It will be legit[in most fans eyes]. It could have been right now, if the Williams, Ortiz, or Kirkland fights never fell through and Canelo had a win over one of them. Personally the fight is legit with me right now, but I rather Canelo get one more win over a name opponent. When Mayweather-Canelo gets signed, I want to talk about the fight and how it could play out. Not read people *****ing about how it's too early and how the fight sucks.

People are going to love this fight, it's going to sell a lot. Two popular guys who are 40+ and 0 is always attractive. Casual fans will love it. Same people who don't like it now, will be calling Floyd out to fight him next year.
        Floyd makes the fight he is cherry picking, Floyd fights someone else he is ducking Canelo. Same **** different day.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Floyd makes the fight he is cherry picking, Floyd fights someone else he is ducking Canelo. Same **** different day.
          The truth is the PPV itself will be big, the undercard would be stacked, it will make it to #4 highest selling PPV of all time behind DLH-May, Tyson-Holyfield 2, Tyson-Lewis. 1.7-1.8Million is not out of the question. You're going to see, lol. I'm just saying top of all time as the least, I will not be surprised at all if it breaks through Tyson's PPVs.

Comment

is Floyd every gonna fight again?

Comment

Pacquiao or Martinez or gtfo

Comment

easy fight for Floyd, wouldn't mind seeing it though
                it has potential to be entertaining
                since he refuses to fight Pac, might as well punk Alvarez instead

Comment

If Floyd fights again this is my preference in order:

1. Pacquiao
                  2. Martinez at 160
                  3. Canelo
                  4. Martinez at 154
                  5. Bradley
                  6. Cotto 2
                  7. Berto
                  8. Guerrero
                  9. Top 10 Contender at 154
                  10. Alexander/Brook winner

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                    Pacquiao or Martinez or gtfo
                    ^^^This!

But I'd rather see Floyd v Martinez at 154, that's the best fight to be made right now. Pacquiao is on a very fast slide, if he can't stop JMM, he will get out pointed, even more clearly than their last bout.

Martinez at 154 is the best fight, 160 is simply impossible.

The Canelo fight only makes sense if he can beat Cotto and beat him convincingly. I rate Canelo's talent, he throws good combos and has decent power but he hasn't had the tests that champions should have. He is the very definition of a "paper" champ.

Comment

Canelo means more $$$ and nothing else. He has literally fought NOBODY to earn a shot at the Mr. p4p.

Comment

Working...
                      X