No announcement yet.

Worst one sided beatdown...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I saw that fight live and countless times since, and that's what I see everytime too. The only exception was the wicked uppercut Mike caught him with for the knockdown.
    He didn't throw enough punches. A few flurries of punches every once in a while.

Rooney said that when Tyson showed up he could see that he was out of shape and wasn't training properly. He also said that he could see his skills diminishing the longer he was with his new regime.

Rooney said that because Douglas was very in shape, and Tyson was not, he did not understand why Tyson didn't go at him with everything he had in the first few rounds, instead he did virtually nothing. He was in no condition to go the distance and I can not understand why he didn't just throw everything at Douglas in the first 3-5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Holmes-Cobb
      Calzaghe-Lacy
      Williams-Czyz

I don't know if you can say that Lacy went on to be succesfull though.
      Good choices!..

Calzaghe's obliteration of Jeff Lacy often comes to mind.. I'm only suprised Joe's notoriously brittle hands didn't end up like a shattered thermos flask..

Ali vs Ernie Terrell was another classic beatdown with Ali saying, 'what's my name?' every time he clocked the hapless Ernie.. This was due to some pre-fight trash talking from Terrell, referring to Ali as Clay, and this was despite the well publisized fact he'd already converted to Islam.

Comment

While not in the league of most of the other mentioned fights Vinny Paz to a pretty good pasting from Aaron Davis.

Comment

Dwight Davison vs Phillip Morefield down at Cobo in Detroit. I was there watching it and have never felt that way while watching a fight. Morefield was just getting tagged and slapped silly in that one. I had never felt sorry for a fighter before seeing that one. It was a massacre.....Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            While not in the league of most of the other mentioned fights Vinny Paz to a pretty good pasting from Aaron Davis.

Wow he took a beating. Then again, Paz always did. He took a one sided beatdown from Roy Jones Jr also.

I gotta admit there is something about Vinny Paz that makes me enjoy watching him get plastered. He was very flamboyant and something about his ring attitude made me not like him. In the Jones fight I remember him sticking his tongue out at him and then getting knocked out right after. That was very satisfying to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
              Wow he took a beating. Then again, Paz always did. He took a one sided beatdown from Roy Jones Jr also.

Besides this and the Jones fight I don't ever recall him taking a serious beating. Like him or not Paz was always a tough, game fighter.

Comment

James Toney vs Iran Barkley?

Comment

Carlos Monzon and Jose Napoles

Comment

Tyson vs Tyrell Biggs
                    Winky Wright vs Adrian Dodson
                    Dwight Braxton vs Saad Muhammad II

Comment

• Porter vs Malignaggi , Malignaggi got his a$$ WHOOPED

Comment

Working...