No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Shakes Head, Saw Lack of May-Pac Action

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Heading into the much hyped 'Fight of the Century', Floyd Mayweather Jr. repeatedly said his welterweight showdown with Manny Pacquiao was all about defining his legacy while preserving a perfect record as a professional.

In many ways, it was a case of 'job done' on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena where the 38-year-old once again showcased his brilliant defensive skills as he won a unanimous decision over Pacquiao in their title bout.

Pacquiao is renowned for his aggression and speed but the Filipino southpaw was continually outsmarted by Mayweather who controlled the pace of the fight and the geography of the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Yeah, tell'em Oscar...

I almost forgot your fight of the century war with Trinidad

Comment

Somewhere in Puerto Rico Felix Trinidad shakes his head after hearing about this story.

Comment

Oscar done pissed off all of the rioters now, . I can just picture them tripping over their lips while reading this article, , .

Comment

He's not exactly wrong. Millions of people saw this fight and it was billed as "fight of the century" and yet both guys freaking left the fight unscathed. I wonder how many people floyd turned away from boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            Floyd knows that was his last gift decision. Now he will vacate the titles because it hurts his heart to see them knowing he does not deserve them and will retire as the man who ducked Amir Khan.
            lol Floyd really can't win he has one fight left and so even if he did fight khan there gonna say he duck Thurman.

I remember when rumors were circulating that Floyd was gonna fight Devon Alexander they said he was ducking Guerrero.

He then beats Guerrero EVERYBODY was calling for Canelo and saying Floyd was scared.... He beats canelo and they said he didn't belong in there and he was to green.

Maidana came off a huge win over broner and had more momentum going for him and got the mayweather fight.

If Floyd fought Amir khan and beat him last year they would of said he ducked Maidana.

All they do is switch names with fighters he hasn't fought and say he ducked them.

Comment

Someone needs to remind this fool about Dela Hoya vs Trinidad. Can someone please show me a clip or video where Floyd ran?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                No Oscar, Floyd boxed. Running is what you did the last three rounds of the Tito fight.
                Exactly! The hypocrisy/irony of his comments, given the Tito fight.

Oscar: "I don't think the fight will happen"
                "I think Floyd was cornered into taking this fight"
                "I'm not a fan of this style of fighting"

Floyd beat Oscar pretty much the exact same way. We KNOW why you don't like it, Hoya.

It's like both he and Tyson forget they have a past history of NOT showing up in big fights. Tyson lost to Buster Douglas, FFS!

Comment

Floyd got these one dimensional brawlers in their feelings. Maybe if Tyson and Oscar were better boxers they wouldn't have lost to people they are supposed to beat.

Tyson was high on his horse fighting scrubs then got spanked by every real boxer he faced. Oscars sissy self too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
                    He's not exactly wrong. Millions of people saw this fight and it was billed as "fight of the century" and yet both guys freaking left the fight unscathed. I wonder how many people floyd turned away from boxing
                    Anyone who was turned away is not welcome. What boxing needs are purists who understand the sport. Not casual know nothings like Skip Bayless and 90% of Pacquiao fans.

Comment

Tyson , Buster Douglas says hi.

Comment

Working...
                      X