No announcement yet.

Name Floyds last 5 fights that are "Non Cherry Picks" IYO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Im not hating on floyd. I said it was hard to say who was cherrypick.

In my view his cherrypicks were shambra and henry brusles and gatti

I dont think you can call cherrypicking when you fight the lightweight champ and welter champ, ortiz had a belt and floyd was coming off another long layoff, cotto was a champ and floyd fought him at cotto's preferred weight, Ghost was #1 contender and looked like a beast heading into the fight.
    Floyd makes everything look so easy

Floyd should get credit for laying waste to a bunch of top world class level

But floyd should get some flack for the guys he didnt fight as well
    I feel you, but me being around at the time I know the details of why they did not fight.
    A lot of times people just repeat what they hear, and dont put the work in to find the details.
    Floyd gets more flack than credit, but thats only cuz people dont really know whats been going on.
    like when people say "Floyd ducked a prime undefeated Cotto at 140" Really?
    Those same people fail to realise Henry Buselis was sent in as a range finder for a Floyd Cotto fight, after that beat down Bob was 100% sure he'd never put his Rican cash cow in with Floyd (Both wanted it, but Bob was Bob)
    Things like that is what people fail to point out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTruth View Post
      I feel you, but me being around at the time I know the details of why they did not fight.
      A lot of times people just repeat what they hear, and dont put the work in to find the details.
      Floyd gets more flack than credit, but thats only cuz people dont really know whats been going on.
      like when people say "Floyd ducked a prime undefeated Cotto at 140" Really?
      Those same people fail to realise Henry Buselis was sent in as a range finder for a Floyd Cotto fight, after that beat down Bob was 100% sure he'd never put his Rican cash cow in with Floyd (Both wanted it, but Bob was Bob)
      Things like that is what people fail to point out.
      bruseles was a hand picked bum for floyd. hbo came up with that story to make the fight seem more interesting. cotto wasn't in his prime at 140. floyd is the one who turned down career high paydays not to fight cotto. cotto and floyd weren't even the two best at 140 at that time but they were the two best at 147 when floyd refused to fight cotto and retired. he lives too far away? wat is that sh-it?

Comment

Floyd vs KT is the only fight iv'e really wanted to see apart from Manny in 2010 after he beat Cotto and Floyd beat JMM.

With regard to the KT fight, when Floyd and he were actually on each others radar he ended up fighting Hatton in Manchester instead (a better money deal i guess), lost and reitired.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          bruseles was a hand picked bum for floyd. hbo came up with that story to make the fight seem more interesting. cotto wasn't in his prime at 140. floyd is the one who turned down career high paydays not to fight cotto. cotto and floyd weren't even the two best at 140 at that time but they were the two best at 147 when floyd refused to fight cotto and retired. he lives too far away? wat is that sh-it?

Bruseles was a tune up, something Floyd actually acknowledged. Fighters sometimes fight tune up fights.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            The only one that wasnt was Cotto, and even he was way past his use by date. The next one will probably be the worst of the lot(Alexgrunter).
            I have to disagree. Cotto was one of the more blatant cherrypicks. This is the same Cotto that went life and death with Mayorga and was barely able to put away a shot to oblivion one eyed Margarito. And then they tried to display Cotto as some type of redefined "undefeated" version of himself. The only reason Floyd fought him at 154 is because he saw how passed it he was.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Bruseles was a tune up, something Floyd actually acknowledged. Fighters sometimes fight tune up fights.
              he was tuning up for gatti? i see.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Floyd vs KT is the only fight iv'e really wanted to see apart from Manny in 2010 after he beat Cotto and Floyd beat JMM.

With regard to the KT fight, when Floyd and he were actually on each others radar he ended up fighting Hatton in Manchester instead (a better money deal i guess), lost and reitired.
                are you a boxing historian by chance? floyd was on kostya's radar but floyd's radar must have been malfunctioning or something. he kept fighting bruseles, corley, and gatti type opponents. kostya is the one on record saying he will leave showtime for one fight in order to fight floyd, or he would be willing to do a split showtime/hbo fight. floyd said and did....nothing. he twiddled his thumbs taking easy fights and never tried to make the fight. it takes two to make a fight so kostya gave up and fought hatton. floyd didn't even have the courtesy to do fake negotiations like he did against pac. come on floyd!

Comment

Danny Garcia, Lucas Matthysse, Timothy Bradley, Canelo Alvarez, Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                  X