No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko set to retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko set to retire

According to WBN Vitali Klitschko is set to bow out of boxing to go into politics full time.

This will most certainly open up the possibility of the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis, and will make the division a little more interesting with one ruler.

On Vitali's part, he had one of the best straight right hands you could ever hope to see in boxing, around 2003-2004 this guy was virtually unbeatable. He also had a granite chin to go with it.

I had hoped to see one last fight between him and David Haye, unfortunately it was not to happen.

Vitali will deservedly take his place in the Boxing Hall of Fame.

Thanks for posting TS great points made. Vitali will be successful still.

Comment

Aint nothin' left to prove.

Thanks for all the great fights, champ.

Comment

Good decision. Didn't look his best towards the end.

Better to quit while you're ahead.

Comment

It's a great shame It wasn't Vitali Klitschko that got to fight David Haye first because at that time he still looked very good and would of no doubt sent Haye to the canvas...

Ah well, this is the only reason Haye and his fans want to see Vitali get in the ring with Haye now due to father time starting to take its toll on the big man.

I hope Haye actually will fight a top ten heavyweight this year If he isn't going to stay in retirement.

Comment

Good luck to Vitali in his political career, unlike most politicians I think he's probably someone who cares about his country with his heart in the right place.

Incidentally, who will fight for his vacant title, Arreola and Stiverne?

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              It's a great shame It wasn't Vitali Klitschko that got to fight David Haye first because at that time he still looked very good and would of no doubt sent Haye to the canvas...

Ah well, this is the only reason Haye and his fans want to see Vitali get in the ring with Haye now due to father time starting to take its toll on the big man.

I hope Haye actually will fight a top ten heavyweight this year If he isn't going to stay in retirement.
              I would hate to make this another Haye-Klitschko thread. We have enough of those already.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Good luck to Vitali in his political career, unlike most politicians I think he's probably someone who cares about his country with his heart in the right place.

Incidentally, who will fight for his vacant title, Arreola and Stiverne?
                Until something official comes out, I don't think they'll make a decision. It will probably end up being winner of Fury-Cunningham vs winner of Arreola -Stiverne. Winner fights Wlad and we have a undisputed champion.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Until something official comes out, I don't think they'll make a decision. It will probably end up being winner of Fury-Cunningham vs winner of Arreola -Stiverne. Winner fights Wlad and we have a undisputed champion.
                  Arreola-Stiverne was a final eliminator. I am thoroughly, thoroughly expecting it to be for the vacant title if Vitali retires. Assuming Chris wins, he would be the first Hispanic/Mexican heavyweight champion in history.

You KNOW sleazy old Sulaimán is all over that ****.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if Haye somehow worms himself into a position to fight for the vacant WBC title.

Imagine if he done that then fought Povetkin for the WBA belt?

Comment

Working...
                    X