No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton: 'I never asked Freddie Roach to train me'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton: 'I never asked Freddie Roach to train me'

RICKY HATTON insists he has yet to decide whether he will quit boxing for good.

Hatton, 31, has reportedly shelved plans to return to the ring after failing to rediscover the spark in training.

But the Hitman has told his army of supporters to ignore the rumours about his future.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, he said: "There has been a lot of hearsay in recent weeks regarding my retirement, but I urge my loyal fans to ignore the speculation.

"If and when I do eventually decide to retire, the announcement will be made by myself. I feel I have earned the right to do it myself."

Hatton also moved to dismiss speculation that he asked Freddie Roach to train him for any potential comeback.

The Mancunian, who has not boxed since being KO'd by Manny Pacquiao last May, added: "I was interested to read that Roach turned down training me.

"While I have the utmost respect for Roach, I have never once asked him, or indeed considered him, to train me."
    Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0j0YqJ8zc

interesting, neither guy seems like a liar so it was probably someone Ricky knows who asked and not ricky himself. Roach shouldn't have went public like that however, that was disrespectful.

Roach is a damn liar as usual. He needs to sit his ass down and try not to aggravate his parkinsons. You would think that a guy with a debilitating disease would be more humble.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0j0YqJ8zc

interesting, neither guy seems like a liar so it was probably someone Ricky knows who asked and not ricky himself. Roach shouldn't have went public like that however, that was disrespectful.

f hatto does return i dont know who will train him

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
        f hatto does return i dont know who will train him
        Should heal the rift between himself and Billy Graham.

This Hatton hiatus thing imo is just Hatton waiting out for the Khan showdown in autumn/winter.

Comment

all roach does is lie,lie lie

Comment

Hatton is **** either way

Comment

Hmm, I don't know.

Hatton could've been embarrassed by Roach's rejection and denied the whole thing. I don't see what Roach would've gained from Hatton's offer.

Or yeah someone from Ricky's team asked Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
                Should heal the rift between himself and Billy Graham.

This Hatton hiatus thing imo is just Hatton waiting out for the Khan showdown in autumn/winter.
                i dont think we will see billy training hatton again. to be honest, we shouldnt really be seeing hatton even fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by S K I N View Post
                  Hatton is **** either way
                  He's actually pretty good, like.

Comment

I can see Ricky doing the right hook and roll under. Manchester Ice lol....that's a down grade going from an Italian Stallion to a mule.

Comment

Working...
                    X