No announcement yet.

Anybody here have pitbulls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Right on. I think society has casted an unfair stigma against pit bulls, everybody who I tell I have a pit bull automatically tells me to be careful and what not. I know a lot of pit owners and they all say they're great dogs, I think people are just ignorant towards that breed ya feel me Mark.
    True that man a dogs nature is to be a humans companion treat the dog with love and you will have a loving dog,make him drag you around in sleds while whipping him with a tree branch like my neighbor does and you get.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Just got a new pitbull, blue nose, 3 weeks old his name is Neto . Very cute (shall post pics soon) and a little hyper fella, I just don't have much experience with pitbulls as this is my first pit I've owned. Anybody can give me any pointers on how to raise them well? Tips or shared experiences are much appreciated my boxingscene brethren.
      I have one, will be four in October.

The best tip I can give you is to socialize the dog quickly. Take it out a lot and introduce him to new environments, dogs, and people often; have others pet him, hold him, etc. When he is exposed to these surroundings often, he will become more comfortable and less likely to be afraid, which can lead to bites; he'll also learn to interact with others in a pack. I would also strongly urge to have the dog neutered. This will greatly cut down on his natural instinct to be the boss and dominate other dogs.

You'll probably find out soon that pits have very high energy levels; my dog needs to be out for about 90 minutes a day when it's not really hot and humid out. Most of the time she is out, she is running as well but I've begun to mix in more walks as she pushes herself a lot when running, which has led to some soreness in her joints. When your dog is properly exercised, they will be less likely to challenge you and more likely to obey. I like to look at it this way, a good dog is a tired dog and the best dog is a sleeping dog.

Also, when the dog eating, put your fingers in his food and or rub him, this will curb food aggression. Also, with my dog I often make her sit and wait a second before I gave her food and toys.

Also, as others have mentioned, pits are very friendly around children but their strength can cause them to unintentionally hurt them, so never leave them alone with small kids.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by Shadows; 07-16-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        Treat him like any other dog its the owners not the dogs that make pits aggresive.
        true dis. i trained a pitbull that i owned years ago. he was intelligent and had little to no aggression at all unless provoked.

Comment

True that man a dogs nature is to be a humans companion treat the dog with love and you will have a loving dog,make him drag you around in sleds while whipping him with a tree branch like my neighbor does and you get.

Werent you planning on ruthlessly killing your dog recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            forget that, post another picture of your lady. good LORD!

Comment

They're just like any other dog, really. Treat them well, socialize them early, and you'll have a perfect pet.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                Me or him?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Nah i thought he was dying so i was gonna old yeller him.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                    Lol no too many creeps on here

Plus im pissed at her right now and she's not talking to me

Comment

Nah i thought he was dying so i was gonna old yeller him.
                      Smh i remember that thread

Comment

Working...
                      X