Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of all Floyd's ducks, who would have beaten him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fraud jr even admitted to the public that his team carefully matched him to preserve his undefeated record.

fraud and his handlers ducking worthy opponents is a well known fact.

Comment

Tommy Hearns.

Floyd has access to a time machine to fight a prime Hearns but he won't do it. What a punk.

Pac gets a pass because back in the 80's they didn't have the right socks. The rules are that fighters traveling back in time would have to use gloves and clothes from that time, and we all know Pac can't win without his lucky socks.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
        floyd's straight right hand is effective, but is not a ko punch. but we'll have to "imagine" because of the ducking, right.
        no one said hed have to KO pac hed just outpoint him easily

Comment

Originally posted by True Alpha Male View Post
          The counter punchers that he had trouble with took one to give one, no one stood there and potshotted Pac.
          Very good point

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
            First, styles make matchups; and no triangle theories, please. Otherwise i'll bring up the fact that Pac destroyed Cotto and Hatton more than Floyd did. But that would be irrelevant, wouldn't it?

You're looking at them in their worst moments. Floyd doesn't KO paul because he doesn't have the power of Martinez. And Paul really wasn't at his anymore against Lara. So Floyd would have have to keep the punisher at bay for 12 rounds. Remember, Paul destroyed Winky Wright, a great defensive boxer.

These would have been great fights. Floyd hardly "destroys" anyone which would have given Pac and Paul a chance.

ps in regards to Pac, there's a reason Floyd all of a sudden cared about taking tests and did everything to avoid the fight, while Pac also was hesitant to flight Floyd. Both KNEW that it was a toss up.
            didn't present triangle theories....

purely style matchups.... and how pacquiao can't adapt to a counterpuncher....

cos marquez can clearly be outboxed.... pacquiao just doesn't have the tools to outbox a counter puncher....

and no one said floyd would ko williams.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
              I'm not gonna argue who Floyd ducked and didn't duck, but I think the following opponents would have given him the most trouble:

Shane Mosely (135) very fast, very heavy-handed
              Miguel Cotto (147) prime
              Paul Williams (147-154) southpaw, crazy stamina, excellent chin, high output
              Manny Pacquiao (147) southpaw, very fast, decent power, good stamina
              De La Hoya (154) 2003 version

Rangy Counterpunchers:
              Vernon Forrest (154)
              Erislandy Lara (154) southpaw
              Sergio Martinez (154-160) southpaw
              Winky Whright (154) southpaw

Hard-chinned, heavy-handed, crazy stamina, high workrate pressure fighters:
              Antonio Margarito (147)
              Alfredo Angulo (154)
              Here's how I think Mayweather might have done against them:

Shane Mosely (135): 115-113 either way or Mosely TKO8-12

Miguel Cotto (147) 115-113 Floyd in a very close fight
              Antonio Margarito (147) 115-113 Floyd in a very grueling fight
              Manny Pacquiao (147) 115-113 Floyd in a close but clear decision, maybe even 116-112.

Paul Williams (147-154) 115-113 Floyd in a physically demanding fight; some may argue P.Will won based on workrate.

De La Hoya (154) 115-113 either way
              Vernon Forrest (154) 115-113 either way
              Erislandy Lara (154) 115-113 either way
              Winky Whright (154) 115-113 either way
              Alfredo Angulo (154) 115-113 or 116-112 Floyd or Angulo TKO 8-12 in a very physically grueling fight

Sergio Martinez (154-160) 115-113 either way or Sergio TKO8-12

Comment

Stupid thread ..... Politics not ducking stands in the way or a cok sucker called bob arum stands in the way

Comment

Of all the people Floyd fought, who do you think would have beaten him if HE didn't WIN?

Comment

great thread. i think all of them would have, especially Paul Williams and Margarito. 120 plus punches a round giving Floyd little time to think or counter. Easy fight for either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrios View Post
                      great thread. i think all of them would have, especially Paul Williams and Margarito. 120 plus punches a round giving Floyd little time to think or counter. Easy fight for either guy.
                      Yeah I think they are the big missing names on Mayweather's record. Younger versions of Mosley and Cotto would have given him trouble too, but not in the same way that Williams and Margarito, two hugely active fighters who'd take one to land one, would have done. I don't think even Floyd's style would have gotten these guys into the 40-punch-a-round zone that most of his opponents fall into.

Comment

Working...
                      X