Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma is Open To Russell, Still Wants Gamboa Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa should ko this farena guy in december 15 and them ko juanma in january 9 so je cam he can get back in track after that long lay off...I thing that even juanma and farena fighting both at the same time against gamboa ..they get ko..lol..

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Ill go out on a ledge and say Juanma kos Russell Jr.
      Please come in off the ledge!

Comment

Juanma would be lucky to see the 3rd round against Gamboa. As soon as the first bomb detonates on his chin, he's in the ****.

Too much speed, too much power, too much skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          Gamboa should ko this farena guy in december 15 and them ko juanma in january 9 so je cam he can get back in track after that long lay off...I thing that even juanma and farena fighting both at the same time against gamboa ..they get ko..lol..
          If JuanMa didn't also have a long layoff, I wouldn't want it; but both he and Yuri are going to be a little rusty. It'll be interesting to see how the inactivity affects them. I wouldn't want to push Gamboa along too quickly. Farenas shouldn't be a problem; but let's see how "El Ciclon" looks against Michael, then decide what comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            If JuanMa didn't also have a long layoff, I wouldn't want it; but both he and Yuri are going to be a little rusty. It'll be interesting to see how the inactivity affects them. I wouldn't want to push Gamboa along too quickly. Farenas shouldn't be a problem; but let's see how "El Ciclon" looks against Michael, then decide what comes next.
            This guy is use to fight for almost 10 years in tournaments( giraldo cordoba cardin and playa giron). There they fought two times a week at least sometimes more often..against thoughter opponents 20 days will be more than enough for him..I mean we are not talking about mayweather here..it's juanma..

Comment

Remember sir Barrera had lost to Junior Jones twice and Morales knocked Jones out in 4 boxing math doesnt work.
              Barrera lost to Jones twice...he didn't take career ending punishment like Lopez did vs Salido. That, coupled with the concussive trauma Mtagwa laid on him, I feel comfortable saying Juanma's punch resistance has been permanantly depleted.
              I don't not like the kid - he's got guts and skills, but he is done when it comes to being a top division dog.
              This ain't math, it's common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                This guy is use to fight for almost 10 years in tournaments( giraldo cordoba cardin and playa giron). There they fought two times a week at least sometimes more often..against thoughter opponents 20 days will be more than enough for him..I mean we are not talking about mayweather here..it's juanma..
                I'm not sure what you mean by this, but everything about that was different: different times, different system, different fighter. Gamboa turns 31 next month. He's a human being, not a machine. You can't keep athletic ability in a glass case. Fighters can get old overnight. A long layoff can really dull an athlete's edge. I just hope Yuri has enough left for a good career. He could've had as many as three fights in the past twelve months.

Comment

Remember sir Barrera had lost to Junior Jones twice and Morales knocked Jones out in 4 boxing math doesnt work.
                  Junior didn't knock Barrera out. And you forgot to mention that Barrera got himself DQ'd in the 1st fight, so that's out the window.....

Ill go out on a ledge and say Juanma kos Russell Jr.
                  Now, why did I see this coming?

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                  Please come in off the ledge!
                  Exactly!

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  Barrera lost to Jones twice...he didn't take career ending punishment like Lopez did vs Salido. That, coupled with the concussive trauma Mtagwa laid on him, I feel comfortable saying Juanma's punch resistance has been permanantly depleted.
                  I don't not like the kid - he's got guts and skills, but he is done when it comes to being a top division dog.
                  This ain't math, it's common sense.
                  That post is common sense - +1......

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but everything about that was different: different times, different system, different fighter. Gamboa turns 31 next month. He's a human being, not a machine. You can't keep athletic ability in a glass case. Fighters can get old overnight. A long layoff can really dull an athlete's edge. I just hope Yuri has enough left for a good career. He could've had as many as three fights in the past twelve months.
                    I understand what you wisely say..I just think that juanma is not threat for gamboa..not for even a rusty gamboa past his prime..and I want that somehow he getbhis time back..I hope he will be in top level shape for another 3 years..pleaseeeee...

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                      Wow, how far we've come from the days when a Juanma/Gamboa fight looked like Barrera/Morales 2.0

Lopez is all but finished from being looked at as a legit champion. He should focus on picking off the weakest belt holder/interim champ so he can at least try and make a little money. A loss to Russell sends him into Panchito Bojado-land.
                      And this is what boxing does wrong. Sometimes (duh) boxers peak in their 20's not in their 30's. This is natural in sports. So it's usually not a great idea to wait around and padd records. Juanma could have really be a GREAT stepping stone for someone else who would now be a YOUNG STAR but because he was protected for so long, he's a much smaller stepping stone now. I think this is what MMA usually does very well, not sitting around waiting.

Comment

Working...
                      X