Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take to make Holyfield-Tyson I?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take to make Holyfield-Tyson I?

i heard it took a really long time, anybody know for sure?

Suppose to happen in 91.

Happened in 96.

Comment

Holyfield was groomed as a future Tyson opponent as far back as '88. So if you think about it, their fight was eight years in the making. it had everything to do with Holyfield abandoning cruiserweight the moment he fully unified the titles.

But yeah, Nov '91 was the closest to a real date they had set aside for the fight. Tyson pulled out due to rib injury, Holy instead fought Bert Cooper.

They tried again in '92, but Holy felt that Tyson's legal troubles was cause enough to not defend against him. Tyson ultimately went to jail; Holy lost to Bowe, regained the title, then lost them again to Moorer.

Tyson returned, collected a couple of the belts that Don King gathered in his absence.

Then came November 8, 1996.

The end.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
        Holyfield was groomed as a future Tyson opponent as far back as '88. So if you think about it, their fight was eight years in the making. it had everything to do with Holyfield abandoning cruiserweight the moment he fully unified the titles.

But yeah, Nov '91 was the closest to a real date they had set aside for the fight. Tyson pulled out due to rib injury, Holy instead fought Bert Cooper.

They tried again in '92, but Holy felt that Tyson's legal troubles was cause enough to not defend against him. Tyson ultimately went to jail; Holy lost to Bowe, regained the title, then lost them again to Moorer.

Tyson returned, collected a couple of the belts that Don King gathered in his absence.

Then came November 8, 1996.

The end.
        thnx :bukkake:

Comment

Until Holyfield fought Bobby Czyz. He looked like easy pickings after that which turned out to be wrong.

Comment

Tyson wanted no part of Holyfield

Comment

Working...
            X