No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson or Virgil Hill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson or Virgil Hill

Who do you think is better or are they on the same level in terms of resume and career achievements,,

Would have started this on NSB but dont what all the idiots, plus alot dont know who hill is besides maybe the bodyshot that he took from jones...

Hill is a HOFer, and was wondering should Chad Dawson be viewed in the same light..

Dawson was a p4p guy at his peak, legit champ at 175 twice,,, wins over adamek, hopkins, tarver 2x, johnson 2x, and alot of wins over solid ranked guys

I really dont see much difference between him and hill...

What are your thoughts,,, please discuss

Virgil Hill shouldn't be in the HOF IMO but he deserves it over Dawson.

Dawson's painfully average.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Virgil Hill shouldn't be in the HOF IMO but he deserves it over Dawson.

Dawson's painfully average.
      But wasnt hill as well,, i think hill gets alot of bonus points for his amateur success, but if strictly looking at his pro resume,, he does not seem to be much difference between dawson and hill...

While i dont think dawson is that great,, i think he is above "painfully average"
      If he was just average he would have never beaten prime adamek, and owned hopkins

I think he is better than jermain taylor, and really dont see how hill is much better,,, Hill might have alittle more longevity, but i think dawson has fought just as tough competition, if not tougher, and won...

Everytime i think of hill, i think of jones body shot, past prime hearns outboxing, and dariusz beating him up...

Was Henry Maske hill's best win???

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        But wasnt hill as well,, i think hill gets alot of bonus points for his amateur success, but if strictly looking at his pro resume,, he does not seem to be much difference between dawson and hill...

While i dont think dawson is that great,, i think he is above "painfully average"
        If he was just average he would have never beaten prime adamek, and owned hopkins

I think he is better than jermain taylor, and really dont see how hill is much better,,, Hill might have alittle more longevity, but i think dawson has fought just as tough competition, if not tougher, and won...

Everytime i think of hill, i think of jones body shot, past prime hearns outboxing, and dariusz beating him up...

Was Henry Maske hill's best win???
        Hill was solid, decent. As is Dawson, they aren't too far apart to be honest. Neither are HOF calibur fighters.

I don't see how beating Adamek means you aren't an average fighter.

Comment

Hill was solid, decent. As is Dawson, they aren't too far apart to be honest. Neither are HOF calibur fighters.

I don't see how beating Adamek means you aren't an average fighter.
          Adamek was a very very good fighter,, especially at the lower weights,, he is a legit lhw titlist and cruiser titlist and only lost to vitali at heavy,, yes he is long in the tooth now, and has gotten the benefit of the doubt from the judges at heavy, but he is a really good fighter, i would rate him higher than tarver, pavlik, etc.. i would venture to say he is on the calzaghe level,,,
          Adamek was a really good pro, and a legit guy,, he has fallen off since the vitali fight, but prior to that he was a very good fighter over 3 weight classes

Comment

Adamek was a very very good fighter,, especially at the lower weights,, he is a legit lhw titlist and cruiser titlist and only lost to vitali at heavy,, yes he is long in the tooth now, and has gotten the benefit of the doubt from the judges at heavy, but he is a really good fighter, i would rate him higher than tarver, pavlik, etc.. i would venture to say he is on the calzaghe level,,,
            Adamek was a really good pro, and a legit guy,, he has fallen off since the vitali fight, but prior to that he was a very good fighter over 3 weight classes
            Far from it. Decent at best.

No where near Calzaghe level and I don't think Calzaghe highly at all.

Comment

Far from it. Decent at best.

No where near Calzaghe level and I don't think Calzaghe highly at all.
              Would have loved to seen them fight at 175,, and adamek vs haye either at cruiser or heavy

Comment

Would have loved to seen them fight at 175,, and adamek vs haye either at cruiser or heavy
                Haye would kill him. And Calzaghe would shut him out.

He's not very good to be honest, Adamek.

Comment

Haye would kill him. And Calzaghe would shut him out.

He's not very good to be honest, Adamek.
                  Damn,, you are harsh on adamek,,, did he steal your lunch money or something lol

I guess we have differing opinions on sir adamek

Comment

Damn,, you are harsh on adamek,,, did he steal your lunch money or something lol

I guess we have differing opinions on sir adamek
                    Just being honest. He's not a very good fighter.

Average at best. Lots of underwhelming performances, very few impressive ones.

Done nothing to suggest to me he's more than a solid-average fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X