No announcement yet.

Who is more skilled. Floyd Mayweather or Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
    It has everything to do with it. If you have skills you shouldnt be quiting in fights or getting put to sleep. Duran is great. Watched him a ton growing up. People think Floyds just this defensive fighter but nobody talks about his accuracy. Hes number 1 in accuracy in the history of compubox. Doesnt that count too?
    Just keep telling yourself Floyd is the GOAT, you'll be ok.

Comment

pure skills - mayweather

greater fighter - duran

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        Both are supremely skilled, there is little separating them there.

One is more offensive minded, the other is more defensive minded.

Duran's offense = Mayweathers defense and the opposite is roughly true.
        This, in essence, sums it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Just keep telling yourself Floyd is the GOAT, you'll be ok.
          Gong:

you ever watch duran pedroza 1 or duran kirkland laing? If so, should duran's problems in those fights be factored in when answering this question?

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
            Mayweather is more skilled but Duran was no slouch either
            You can't just say Duran and point to his fight with Leonard without looking at his rematch and the Hearns and Hagler fight
            Leonard ****ed up the first fight by fighting Durans fight
            Duran had ****ing balls of steel and deserves credit for that but he was not as skilled as Mayweather
            Floydiots are on a roll today. First it was 'Broner beats Manny' and now we have 'Floyd is more skilled than Duran'....I cant help thinking this is the e equivalent of a comfort blanket after Bat's Hauser thread. Damn bumsniffs

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
              It has everything to do with it. If you have skills you shouldnt be quiting in fights or getting put to sleep. Duran is great. Watched him a ton growing up. People think Floyds just this defensive fighter but nobody talks about his accuracy. Hes number 1 in accuracy in the history of compubox. Doesnt that count too?
              get back to me when floyd moves up to middle weight and goes the distance with somebody half as good as hagler, or when he beats a champ like barkley ... it would be like floyd going up to middle and fighting martinez (who is no hagler) or fighting and beating GGG. Its just not going to happen. Floyd is top dog in the modern era but Duran is one of the greatest fighters of all time and is in a different league.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Gong:

you ever watch duran pedroza 1 or duran kirkland laing? If so, should duran's problems in those fights be factored in when answering this question?
                Duran was well capable of bring outboxed,just like Pacquiao has struggled with boxers,Mayweather has had problems with southpaws,Mosley with boxers,Cotto with speed
                Doesn't mean their not great
                Some people here take it very personal if you don't think certain boxers are flawless

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  pure skills - mayweather

greater fighter - duran
                  Pure skills? What are those exactly? I always wonder about this whenever it comes up and it leaves me scratching my head. I can only assume after all the hot garbage that is talked about this mythical creature 'the pure boxer' in nsb that it relates to out of ring persona and has little or nothing to do with what goes on inside the ropes.

Duran had great fundamentals and could slip punches stood right on your toes. Could he be caught? of course he could, but he was willing to take the odd risk because of his own confidence in his chin, his offence and his ingrained ferocity.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    get back to me when floyd moves up to middle weight and goes the distance with somebody half as good as hagler, or when he beats a champ like barkley ... it would be like floyd going up to middle and fighting martinez (who is no hagler) or fighting and beating GGG. Its just not going to happen. Floyd is top dog in the modern era but Duran is one of the greatest fighters of all time and is in a different league.
                    Duran was amazing but do you really think Mayweather couldn't go the distance with someone like Hagler?

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Pure skills? What are those exactly? I always wonder about this whenever it comes up and it leaves me scratching my head. I can only assume after all the hot garbage that is talked about this mythical creature 'the pure boxer' in nsb that it relates to out of ring persona and has little or nothing to do with what goes on inside the ropes.

Duran had great fundamentals and could slip punches stood right on your toes. Could he be caught? of course he could, but he was willing to take the odd risk because of his own confidence in his chin, his offence and his ingrained ferocity.
                      what does it mean?

it means floyd has more natural and better skills than duran, and duran is the greater fighter cause of what he accomplished in numerous weight classes, and who he fought and how he fought them. Easy enough? Let me know if you need an even more watered down elementary explanation of what that means, I'll see if I can oblige for ya...

Comment

Working...
                      X