Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Andre Ward Ruin Kessler's Eye And Possibly Shorten His Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Andre Ward Ruin Kessler's Eye And Possibly Shorten His Career?

Kessler complained of this injury after the Ward fight also saying he never intended to get hit so much. Years ago I likened Ward to a young Bernard Hopkins, but I wasnt considering the executioning type nature of his like Hopkins. What's next for Kessler?

Kessler had the eye problem before fighting Ward. Ward may have worsened it but Kessler had the eye problem before they fought.

Comment

I've been wondering that myself. I'd like to see Kessler fight again though.

Kessler-Bute in 2011. Make it happen HBO or Showtime.

Comment

Is Kessler seriously thinking about hanging them up?

Comment

Repeatedly headbutting someone in the eye is likely to cause damage, yes.

Comment

Andre Ward eats souls

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Repeatedly headbutting someone in the eye is likely to cause damage, yes.
              Thats the truth.

Comment

He does use his head an awful lot, he's clever about it though.

Similar to Hopkins.

Comment

Kessler also blocked a ****load of punches with his face

Comment

lol Kessler fans are still crying about that fight?

he had issues with the Eye before that fight but yeah I am sure the headbutts didn't help the situation...however from a stylistic standpoint, they can fight 5 times and I still think Ward would beat him all 5 times, I mean you can use the Headbutt as an excuse to try and make yourself feel better about that loss I guess but that is not enough to cover up the fact that Kessler was going out-boxed the entire fight even before the "Headbutts", I would understand that argument if Kessler was actually WINNING and then Ward hit him with a Headbutt, but Ward was in control of that fight the ENTIRE TIME

but Anyway, hopefully with some time off the eye will heal good enough for him to comeback because I do think Kessler is a very good fighter and I would to see him fight Abraham, Dirrell and Bute of course

Comment

Working...
                    X