No announcement yet.

Matt Korobov and Gennady Golovkin are better than Dmitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    I rate Golovkin as the best middleweight.

But I think Pirog is just as good if not better than Korobov. His style is suited to the pros.

Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam has an unusual, awkward and effective style that will give everyone he fights problems. He's definitely in the top 5.
    Agree with all of that except i do think Korobov has a good pro style and Pirog is better than him right now obviously but Korobov has the potential to be as good as either, whether he gets there or not is the question. I do worry about his trainer though, perhaps another Tszyu situation will occur.

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    A front runner.. looks bad above 5 rounds.
    The nasal septum surgery hopefully fixed this.

Comment

Pirog will beat Korobov right now.

It will be a great fight versus Gennady, but i believe Gennady will be to much for him.

Comment

The last time i saw Korobov fight it was on the Pavlik Martinez undercard and i was hyping him up big time but he looked like **** seemed to run out of gas and didnt handle the pressure the other fighter brought to well. Maybe it was just an off night but from what i saw he looked like a fighter who probably will lose when he steps up the comp much like Jacobs.

Comment

I've sen Korobov a bunch of times and I'm not sold on him. He's a decent boxer but Pirog is better..and I'll definitely pick Pirog to dominate him. I consider Jacobs a better boxer than Korbov.

Comment

let's revive the classics!

Comment

this is funny

Comment

Dmitry Pirog is better than two of them. I've best seen in recent years middleweight division. His technique skills was tremendous. The only fighter who beat Daniel Jacobs by KO! his defensive skills, watch it.

Comment

Pirog was really special, guy had a style that was unique to his own! Could move very well, great footwork, good jab,changes levels solidly and has KO power!

Sadly we never got the Golovkin vs Pirgo fight as that would've been Golovkin's first solid opponent and still would've been the best he's faced!

Comment

Pirog was a well balanced boxer, wasn't impressive in any department but very balanced.

Comment

Working...
                    X