No announcement yet.

The myth of Mayweather's speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The myth of Mayweather's speed.

Mayweather has great timing and accuracy. But if you watch his fights his hand speed is really not that fast and neither is he really. I keep seeing this comparison between shane and floyds speed. At 33 shane was much faster, much quicker moving in and out and much quicker hands. Floyd loads up a bit in combos and always had... pot shots and jabbing have always been quick. But floyd is really not that fast.

he looked fast enough against the speedy judah

Comment

But the thring is shane aint 33 now. And thats nonsense floyd has been faster than shane all his career. Youlll see come May 1st.

Comment

He has pretty fast hands, I agree that timing and the over short arc of his punches make them look much quicker but he does have more than enough speed.

Comment

He's still fast, just not as fast as he was in his prime. The problem with Mayweather is that he's been inactive for too long. He needs to stay sharp and Mayweather refuses to do that by being inactive.

Comment

He's fast, he was faster at the lower weights, but even then, it wasn't his speed that impressed me most. I'm more impressed with his skills, versatility, and accuracy than his speed.

Guys like Camacho, M. Taylor, R. Jones, etc...all had considerably faster hands.

Comment

Originally posted by sutekh uvdabrix View Post
              mayweather has great timing and accuracy. But if you watch his fights his hand speed is really not that fast and neither is he really. I keep seeing this comparison between shane and floyds speed. At 33 shane was much faster, much quicker moving in and out and much quicker hands. Floyd loads up a bit in combos and always had... Pot shots and jabbing have always been quick. But floyd is really not that fast.
              hahahahhhahaaha

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                But the thring is shane aint 33 now. And thats nonsense floyd has been faster than shane all his career. Youlll see come May 1st.
                if the shane of 30 years old fought the mayweather of 30 years old at ww floyd would have been overwhelmed by the speed and power.. now shanes footspeed is much slower and hand speed is comprable.

Comment

Originally posted by sutekh uvdabrix View Post
                  if the shane of 30 years old fought the mayweather of 30 years old at ww floyd would have been overwhelmed by the speed and power.. Now shanes footspeed is much slower and hand speed is comprable.
                  hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                    He's fast, he was faster at the lower weights, but even then, it wasn't his speed that impressed me most. I'm more impressed with his skills, versatility, and accuracy than his speed.

Guys like Camacho, M. Taylor, R. Jones, etc...all had considerably faster hands.
                    Right, kind of the point i was trying to high light.. those attributes are his bread and butter and his speed assists that. But his speed alone is not thhhatt impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X