No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto in Your Top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
    How can he not be? I think hes number 1 welterweight,hes doing the most at welterweight right now
    Theres NO way anyone can say Hatton is in the p4p list but Cotto isnt,Cotto has faced the better and harder competition
    Oh, dont get me wrong I think he is the Best WW out there but he is not a clear #1. He is a WW titlist not the WW champion. If and hopefully when Cotto defeats Margarito/Williams I will consider him the WW Champion and therefore #1 WW. I would also then have him in my top 10p4p.

PBF was the 147lb Champion when he left there were a few WW titlist/belt holders. Not a clear #1 though or champion though.

Comment

Hes somewhere between 10-12

Comment

I would also put him at either 9 or 10.

Comment

Cotto's resume is pretty weak. What is his 2nd best win?

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            Cotto's resume is pretty weak. What is his 2nd best win?
            Corley. He was the first to stop him, even the mighty PBF failed to do that. Apart from that, N'dou, Malignaggi, Maussa and Quintana are good names to have on your resume. The bigger fights to come for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall_Hopkirk View Post
              Corley. He was the first to stop him, even the mighty PBF failed to do that. Apart from that, N'dou, Malignaggi, Maussa and Quintana are good names to have on your resume. The bigger fights to come for sure.
              The Corley stoppage was so terrible, I can't even give Cotto credit for that win. The ref stopped it right after Corley had wobbled Cotto...

Comment

The Corley stoppage was so terrible, I can't even give Cotto credit for that win. The ref stopped it right after Corley had wobbled Cotto...
                To be fair, Corley got real sloppy as the fight went on and was going to be stopped either way, it was premature yes, but he was getting his ass kicked, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                  To be fair, Corley got real sloppy as the fight went on and was going to be stopped either way, it was premature yes, but he was getting his ass kicked, no doubt.
                  I agree, but this stoppage was like the Calzaghe-Manfredo stoppage. Corley was not seriously hurt and it's entirely possibly he could've rocked Cotto again. He was not completely out of the fight...

Comment

I will not rate Cotto until I see him in a couple more fights against higher level competition. If he's unable to get a fight against Mayweather next I would like to see him fight Joshua Clottey or Shane Mosely. Both of these fighters would be a war for Cotto and have the potential to beat him.
                    Last edited by Floyd R; 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I agree, but this stoppage was like the Calzaghe-Manfredo stoppage. Corley was not seriously hurt and it's entirely possibly he could've rocked Cotto again. He was not completely out of the fight...
                      Actually, seeing as how Corley and Cotto were actually hitting each other and fighting, lets not compare it to that travesty of a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X