No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: We're Facing Mayweather in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    When is the last time that Mayweather fought twice in one year let alone fought twice within 4 months? People will just believe whatever these guys and their people say. Noway does Mayweather fight in May then again in September.
    They know. Mayweather will never do two fights within four months. They know.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
      i wonder why dudes here are so hard up to see canelo fight a "real" fight but these same dudes cheered every soup can chavez jr fought. even though chavez jr was coming in 20 plus pounds over the limit. i just dont get it. all fighters should be held to the same standard. i even saw a bout where 2 welter wts had never fought at 154, but managed to fight for the 154lb strap and some of the posters were down right gleeful about that shame of a title fight. i just dont get it.
      Shameful and misguided attempt to defend Canelo's pathetic matchmaking. Buddy, Chavez was considered a joke for the longest time, he only got some respect after Lee. But look, Chavez won his belt off a (mediocre, Ryan Rhodes like) Ring top 10 rated "champ". Canelo won his vacant vs #22 rated welter at a catchweight he didn't even honor. Chavez proceeded to fight fringe contenders from his own division, and within a year signed to fight the much favored, much less marketable champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Shameful and misguided attempt to defend Canelo's pathetic matchmaking. Buddy, Chavez was considered a joke for the longest time, he only got some respect after Lee. But look, Chavez won his belt off a (mediocre, Ryan Rhodes like) Ring top 10 rated "champ". Canelo won his vacant vs #22 rated welter at a catchweight he didn't even honor. Chavez proceeded to fight fringe contenders from his own division, and within a year signed to fight the much favored, much less marketable champ.
        Chavez's last 5 opponents: Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio, Lee, Martinez
        Canelo's last 5 opponents: Rhodes, Gomez, Cintron, Mosley, Lopez

Are fans really gonna pretend like they're even comparable?

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Chavez's last 5 opponents: Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio, Lee, Martinez
          Canelo's last 5 opponents: Rhodes, Gomez, Cintron, Mosley, Lopez

Are fans really gonna pretend like they're even comparable?
          Yes they are. Chavez jr may not be the best middleweight, but he's fought the best & he's fought middleweights. I've always respected Jr more than ginger & I always will until ginger beats a jr middleweight that's really ranked, not doctored up for the occasion of his fight.

Comment

• Well after the Floyd fight hopefully people quit saying he hasn't fought "anyone".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Yes they are. Chavez jr may not be the best middleweight, but he's fought the best & he's fought middleweights. I've always respected Jr more than ginger & I always will until ginger beats a jr middleweight that's really ranked, not doctored up for the occasion of his fight.
              Exactly;
              He has actually fought guys in his weight class..not picking guys from lower weight classes to come up and fight him. With Chavez JR going out and fighting Martinez..that alone got my respect, Canelos biggest name is a 40 yr old Shane which he could not put away, and he clearly showed how good he is not in that fight, he could not cut the ring off and put Shane away, Chavez's win over Lee is bigger than all of Canelos 40 + fights..

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                Exactly;
                He has actually fought guys in his weight class..not picking guys from lower weight classes to come up and fight him. With Chavez JR going out and fighting Martinez..that alone got my respect, Canelos biggest name is a 40 yr old Shane which he could not put away, and he clearly showed how good he is not in that fight, he could not cut the ring off and put Shane away, Chavez's win over Lee is bigger than all of Canelos 40 + fights..
                Chavez jr is a weed smoking G, he did not have to take that beating at the hands of Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Chavez jr is a weed smoking G, he did not have to take that beating at the hands of Martinez.
                  Agreed, but he has huge balls..and he went out and fought him anyway, he isnt scared to take a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post

He doesn't necessarily have fans but most outside me and a few others think he will outclass Canelo. Its gonna look like the Matthew Hatton fight so I'll gladly take some of those points. Bonus on the KO?
                    Trout puts the Cinnamon Bun in the Oven....
                    Roidweather using Canelo to Pimp Cinco De Mayo!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by game20ver View Post
                      I'm sick of this type of promotion. This isn't WWE, tomorrow isnt promised, if somebody gets KO'ed the big fight is off.
                      The Big Fight, will never happen, FRAUD knows better than to Fu*k
                      with anyone, with Power, at 154!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X