Lomachenko-Martinez agreed to for HBO, per Rafael

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Well.....at least Martinez is game although he's likely getting stopped.
      Lomachenko has no power......UD...

Comment

Pretty solid fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Lomachenko has no power......UD...
          To top it off Martinez has a damn good chin... I have no idea how anyone could possibly see this as a KO win for Loma.

Comment

Eh. I was rooting for Fortuna. Martinez isn't a bad third option after Fortuna & Walters doe. At least I can pronounce a Loma opponent name for the first time since Russell.

Comment

Lomachenko and Francisco Vargas are on a collision course.

Comment

Put the house on Loma by KO.

Comment

Solid fight

Comment

Sign with Top Rank, win WBO titles.

Comment

Dan Rafael has a write-up on it:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...htweight-title

Carl Moretti, vice president of Top Rank, Lomachenko's promoter, is in Puerto Rico this weekend for lightweight prospect Felix Verdejo's fight Saturday night, and while he's there, he met Friday with Martinez and Peter Rivera of Puerto Rico Best Boxing Promotions, Martinez's promoter, to work out the details.

"We worked things out, and the paperwork was sent out this evening," Moretti told ESPN.com. "Rocky came up to my room after the Verdejo weigh-in, and it was myself, Rocky, Peter, and we got [Top Rank chairman Bob Arum] on a conference call, and we ironed everything out."
                      If Verdejo (20-0, 14 KOs), the 22-year-old rising Puerto Rican star, defeats Mexico's Jose Luis Rodriguez (17-6-1, 10 KOs) on Saturday in San Juan, he will fight in the Martinez-Lomachenko co-feature. However, it probably won't be against Mexican fringe contender Jose Felix Jr. (33-1-1, 25 KOs), as Top Rank had hoped. Moretti said Felix's purse demands are not even close to the money available. He said Top Rank would begin looking for a new opponent Monday.

Comment

Working...
                      X