Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Vows Bloodbath: Kessler Took Everything From Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Vows Bloodbath: Kessler Took Everything From Me!

The recurring memory of his first ever professional defeat is keeping Carl Froch on message ahead of his rematch with Mikkel Kessler.

The Nottingham-born IBF super-middleweight champion was on the wrong end of a result for the first time when he was beaten by Kessler in Herning, Denmark back in April 2010.

It was a loss which left Froch at one of his lowest ebbs, meaning the chance to exact revenge on the teak-tough Dane is driving him ahead of their May 25 showdown at London's O2 Arena.

They met in North Greenwich to launch the unification bout on Monday morning, and, even though Froch has since won, lost and won a world belt again, he remains scalded by what happened three years ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As a Londoner I want Froch to win but there's no loser in this fight for me. I'm a fan of both & they represent a lot of what this sport should stand for.

Comment

Man, Froch can talk up a fight.

Comment

Anybody that thinks Calzaghe has a better legacy than Froch is badly mistaken. The only note worthy names Calzaghe has are Charles Brewer, a very green Sakio Bika, Jeff left shoulder lacy, Mikkel Kessler, old Bhop , super past his prime Roy Jones.

Froch : Pascal / Jermaine Taylor / Arthur Abraham / Andre Dirrel / Lucien Bute / Glen Johnson / and still going - looking for the best opponent for his legacy

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
          Anybody that thinks Calzaghe has a better legacy than Froch is badly mistaken. The only note worthy names Calzaghe has are Charles Brewer, a very green Sakio Bika, Jeff left shoulder lacy, Mikkel Kessler, old Bhop , super past his prime Roy Jones.

Froch : Pascal / Jermaine Taylor / Arthur Abraham / Andre Dirrel / Lucien Bute / Glen Johnson / and still going - looking for the best opponent for his legacy
          I think a lot of it comes down to the fantasy fight question.

It is hard to pick Froch against Calzaghe, imo.

Froch is way ahead on quality of opposition.

Comment

has it been officially confirmed as a ppv yet? Ive read rumours on this site, and sky have already started hyping the **** out of it but i havent heard for sure its gonna be on ppv.

Hope its not. But if it is get Bellow and Frampton on the same card.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              has it been officially confirmed as a ppv yet? Ive read rumours on this site, and sky have already started hyping the **** out of it but i havent heard for sure its gonna be on ppv.

Hope its not. But if it is get Bellow and Frampton on the same card.
              The world title unification contest between Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler will be shown live on Sky Box Office HD on May 25.
              http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...471467,00.html

I think it will. Box Office is usually ppv

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...471467,00.html

I think it will. Box Office is usually ppv
                cheers.........

Comment

Probably is worth a PPV.

Both guys have earned it - hopefully they make a lot of dough and have a third fight. Froch's got to win for that happen though you wouldn't think.

Comment

Kessler hasn't fought a top fighter since he fought Froch the last time. that's three years.

Froch is knocking him out. i can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X