Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a hard workout at the gym, and lifting weights, whats good to eat or drink?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait. why you ask this question, aren't you boxing trainer? I remember you were showing your license

Comment

Peanut butter sandwich and some milk, yes it works.

You don't wanna go to bed with a full stomach of real food anyway, when your body shuts down.

But those two work, especially if you've been lifting weights that day.
      This is true HTown. My boy who was locked up for two years said the same thing. He came out looking brolic.

Comment

My brother eats a banana (for carbohydrates) and yogurt or peanut butter and celery (for protein) after his workout.

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
          wait. why you ask this question, aren't you boxing trainer? I remember you were showing your license
          Boxing and weight training are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Boxing and weight training are two different things.
            Two very different things that produce very different results. On a bodybuilding type program like now I am in the low 190s when training at the boxing gym I just naturally go down to the upper 160s its crazy what the difference in training produces.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
              That's a lot of broscience, bro.

The whole thing about shakes and no solid food is in large part a ploy used by supplement companies to get people to buy their shakes. Protein Shakes only started to become popular in the late 80's and people have been lifting and bodybuilding long before that.

Ronnie Coleman goes to Outback Steakhouse for his post workout meal and last time I checked they don't serve protein shakes there and he's an 8 time Mr. O.

Now, are protein shakes beneficial, more convenient and possibly better than solid food, sure, but it's not the only option available.

I know tons of bodybuilders and people jacked out of their minds that don't drink shakes post workout and I know guys that do and they put Peanut Butter in them too.

As long as you are getting in your required amount of protein daily, it doesn't make much of a difference when you eat it or exactly what you eat, as long as it's quality protein.

I know what you're saying bro but I never said it's the only option. I said it's the best option. Which it is. Not because I said so because it is supported in sport specific training journals and sport science studies. Sport science has come a long way since the 80's. A lot of supplements (most) are ploys. Few such as whey protein actually merit all the accolades and have incredible benefits such as aplha-lactalbumin which boosts liver levels of glutathinoe - one of the liver's most powerful detoxifying agents. I won't go into why it's important to maximize liver function. How many times have you heard those old guys say "I wish we had all the nutrition knowledge that is available now"?

If you ask me, the best thing you can do is both train hard and smart by maximizing your effort every step of the way. Real results are hard earned. We all train our aszes off. But guess what? It's the little things that make a big difference when the competition is tight especially when you don't have the best genetics or are not relying on PEDs. Making that line to those goals as straight and as short as possible is what my athletes look for. I would never suggest a second or third best option. That's all I'm saying. Sure you could eat that steak and potatoes or you can add peanut butter to your shake. My athletes do, just not in their post workout meal.

I love Ronnie Coleman. I've met him along with a bunch of other guys. Dorian, Jay and one of my favorites of all time Lee Labrada. But understand. Those guys are/were not only on gear but on A Lot of gear. BIG difference. But nonetheless some of these guys do carry their shakers with protein drinks in their gym bag. I've been there and have seen it many times. Ronnie included. BTW I've seen his DVD's as well. Him and Dorian were just incredible. I've been around some of the lower NPC guys and trained two of them and trained with others. I know the drill. I know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by -HTownTexan- View Post
                I know this belongs in the training forum, but **** that place. I feel at home right here....

I have been hitting the gym really hard this last week (I plan on making this a routine), and putting in a lot of time and effort....

One guy told me that it is good to drink regular milk after a workout because it has a bunch of protein.....

The thing is, I dont know whether or not that is true, and I dont know what is good to eat.

I eat dinner before the gym, and get him around 9:00 pm.... What is a good little snack and what is something good to drink after a hard workout?
                Test Prop!

Comment

60g protein shake with some maltodextrin

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    60g protein shake with some maltodextrin
                    Maltodextrin is good too...it just has that nasty chalkiness to it.

Comment

i go to the gym on a daily basis, after i get out the gym i drink a glass of Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex protein. has alot of protein, bccas glutamines and so on..
                      i mean as long as u stay away from beer or soda after the gym then u doin alright tho. water water water. thats always good throughout the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X