Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey is one of the best WW's today, why all the fuss about him vs pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Reflexes- View Post
    Hes a guy famous for losing. Its a pointless fight. A stay-busy fight for Pac nothing more. How is it cleaning out the divison when Cotto just BEAT Clottey??
    Well, now Cotto may have a W but it was a pretty close fight that Clottey lost for himself more than Cotto won.

Clottey is world class, IF Pac beats him its an accomplishment.

PPL are just being cry babies because they didn't get what they wanted and are now bashing this fight, I hope Clottey finds a way to pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank$Moody View Post
      So why would Floyd want to fight Mosley? You know, since Cotto already beat him as well? And back when he wasn't almost 39 and inactive for well over a year, to boot.
      b/c mosley was able to make noise for himself by coming back, and knocking out the guy who TKO'd cotto...

what has clottey done?

it is a pointless fight. in the WW division, you have mayweather-pacquiao as TIER 1, mosley and berto are TIER 2 fighters, then it goes downhill from there.

pointless fight, only makes sense for top rank, and clottey has a slim to no chance at winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Well, now Cotto may have a W but it was a pretty close fight that Clottey lost for himself more than Cotto won.

PPL are just being cray babies because they didn't get what they wanted and are now bashing this fight, I hope Clottey finds a way to pull it off.
        Its a stay busy bro...nothing more nothing less.

When is the last time Clottey won a big fight??

How is Clottey world class when his BEST win is a shot Judah???

Comment

PPL are just being cry babies because they didn't get what they wanted and are now bashing this fight, I hope Clottey finds a way to pull it off.
          i used to feel that way, but the truth is, cotto fought like he wanted it more...

dude could've easily said he couldn't continue after the butt, and he would've won the fight on points. instead he chose to continue, and fought like he wanted the fight more than clottey did. it was a very close fight, i had clottey winning by 1 round, take away a close round i scored for clottey and give it to cotto, cotto wins.

seeing as how both guys fought drastically different down the stretch, i have no problem with the decision going to cotto anymore.

Comment

Its a stay busy bro...nothing more nothing less.

When is the last time Clottey won a big fight??

How is Clottey world class when his BEST win is a shot Judah???
            You don't have to beat a single world class fighter to be world class.

If you lose all of your fights be it close ones to world class fighters you are world class in my view.....just showing that you are on par with those fighters is enough.

I can't listen to any argument about Clottey not being world class when he is clearly better than Cotto and Margarito even though he lost to them without them really beating him.

Comment

You don't have to beat a single world class fighter to be world class.

If you lose all of your fights be it close ones to world class fighters you are world class in my view.....just showing that you are on par with those fighters is enough.

I can't listen to any argument about Clottey not being world class when he is clearly better than Cotto and Margarito even though he lost to them without them really beating him.
              Clottey better then Cotto???

WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Larry Platt View Post
                i used to feel that way, but the truth is, cotto fought like he wanted it more...

dude could've easily said he couldn't continue after the butt, and he would've won the fight on points. instead he chose to continue, and fought like he wanted the fight more than clottey did. it was a very close fight, i had clottey winning by 1 round, take away a close round i scored for clottey and give it to cotto, cotto wins.

seeing as how both guys fought drastically different down the stretch, i have no problem with the decision going to cotto anymore.
                Cotto deserved the win, Clottey blew it by just covering up in late rounds and waiting on Cotto to start the action.

That is not how you show judges you want to win a tight fight.

Comment

Clottey better then Cotto???

WOW.
                  We had a thread about this and alot of ppl agreed that over all Clottey is better than Cotto.

Comment

"lost to cotto" you goon, cotto took the worse beating in that fight. clottey just didn't do enough. The man is still one of the best WW's and could give any good fighter a run for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank$Moody View Post
                      But even that fight wasn't for a contender that was ranked by the WBA. How does he go over a year without defending his title? Now if he fights Floyd in May, that will be 16 months, doesn't make sense.
                      Because he is the super champion. Learn a thing or two about how boxing works, then come back to this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X