No announcement yet.

Last night proved making weight hurt Cotto against Pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRoyJones View Post
    It was a major fight changer. Cotto could've had his career ended because he wasn't at his best against a killing machine like Pacquiao that didn't need any extra advantages to begin with. The man was in a weakened physical condition. I'm not gonna sugar coat these facts.
    could've, would've, should've...

i could go on and on but bottom line is...

it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

yep, but 145 was cotto's number, meaning cotto knew he could make it and not be effected by it
      No, it means that's the number he knew he could make. Period.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be affected by it at all. It was the compromise he could make, as far as he could go to make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
        All OP is saying is: 154 Cotto beats 145 Cotto, 10/10 times.

I agree, Cotto would be a MUCH livlier dog if they fight @ 154.
        you got that from ONE fight? where the guy had a twisted knee? lmao...props to Cotto for the win, but damn.....

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRoyJones View Post
          It was a major fight changer. Cotto could've had his career ended because he wasn't at his best against a killing machine like Pacquiao that didn't need any extra advantages to begin with. The man was in a weakened physical condition. I'm not gonna sugar coat these facts.
          I don't understand why so many people can't see this. It's the damn truth and the majority of Pac fans and Cotto haters just pretend this isn't a reality. Pac didn't need to drain Cotto, not one, not two, not five pounds. They're about the same size, if he really wanted to beat the Champ it should have happened where the Champ was at his best, what's the point of weakening a fighter then claiming greatness?

I know Pac's a phenom, but that was just bull**** and it takes away from his win. Any objective boxing fan who has followed Cotto's career would have seen the marked reduction in his pop and strength.

Comment

I suggest some of you re watch the fight. Cotto looked great against pac until that 2nd knockdown. 2 major factors that changed his fight against pac was Pac's ability to nulify Cotto's jab and Cotto got hurt and couldn't recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
              I don't understand why so many people can't see this. It's the damn truth and the majority of Pac fans and Cotto haters just pretend this isn't a reality. Pac didn't need to drain Cotto, not one, not two, not five pounds. They're about the same size, if he really wanted to beat the Champ it should have happened where the Champ was at his best, what's the point of weakening a fighter then claiming greatness?

I know Pac's a phenom, but that was just bull**** and it takes away from his win. Any objective boxing fan who has followed Cotto's career would have seen the marked reduction in his pop and strength.
              All comments like this are ignored because of your location. Its just like the someone from Gen. Santos City defending Pac. Talk about pot calling the kettle...

YOu claim its all Cotto haters and Pac stans that say the opposite, however, theres alot more neutrals saying the weight didn't matter, including Cotto himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post

do you also agree with sugar that cotto would have lost to pac anyway?

Comment

Cotto was in good shape. He had a very bad corner and horrible game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    All comments like this are ignored because of your location. Its just like the someone from Gen. Santos City defending Pac. Talk about pot calling the kettle...

YOu claim its all Cotto haters and Pac stans that say the opposite, however, theres alot more neutrals saying the weight didn't matter, including Cotto himself.
                    There we have it! /thread.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                      There we have it! /thread.
                      Cotto is not the kind of guy to make an excuse. He's a true warrior, but that don't change the fact that he was setup to fail.

Comment

Working...
                      X