Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: HBO- Francisco Vargas vs Orlando Salido RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was one of the best fights I've seen in a long time, that being said Salido ended up looking like Marvin Hagler by the end.
    Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 06-05-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
      The Ali send off was First Class!

OMG! What a great fight! The perfect send off to the Great Ali!

My heart was and is with Salido but it's fair that the champ keeps his belt!
      Over 2000 punches thrown! Fight fans that is Mexican style!
      Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
      And they say boxing is dead? Absolutely amazing fight and I walked away a bigger fan of both men. Scary part is, we'll probably get another war like this next weekend with Provodnikov vs. Molina. We just gotta hope that Molina doesn't get gun shy like he did with Broner.

Is there any chance that Vargas and Salido laided the ground work for boxings newest trilogy? I hope so.
      Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
      That was one of the best fights I've seen in a long time, that being said Salido ended up looking like Marvin Hagler by the end.
      My question is this I'm new here!

Why does there have to be over 15 threads on Vargas vs Salido?

Comment

• Fight Of The Decade!!!!!

Comment

• I had it 7-5 Warlando Salido!

Comment

• THIS is the type of fight you immediately show to a casual to get them into the sport. SHEEEESHH

Comment

• Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
              Electronic Dance Music
              really!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                I know some people joked about Lampley getting teary eyed earlier today but I thought the way they signed off with it was pretty powerful
                Agreed. Amazing fight, great special on Ali and a well-said sendoff from the crew.

Comment

• You know my only problem with this is that Salido has now very arguably won three title fights in a row without getting a single decision win in any of the three.

The guy is literally the epitome of a modern day boxing warrior and yet he's only getting a pittance for these ****ing legendary fights he's putting on back to back to back.

Give the man his dues you slimey **** faced greedy ass rat bastard promoters! Give him a 5 million payday!

Can you believe that Floyd and Pac probably got 100,000,000 between them for their pathetic excuse of a fight, while Saldio got a measly 50K for this war? Floyd and Pac, give that man some of your purses you damn crooks and Vargas too!

I'd love to see a rematch, but I love Salido for everything he stands for, and it would be hard to watch him go through another epic war only to come out on the wrong end of a decision again. Can you imagine him getting screwed four title fights in a row? That'd have to be a record!

He's clearly a two division, five X champion or something now and yet he's been given the decision only when he takes it out of the judges hands.

I hope he enjoys his retirement and lives a damn great life. Pray to the boxing gods that it's so people.

Comment

• Once again great fight and tribute to "Siri" as he was greeted in the ring after the fight by Takashi Miura!

Salido met with Lomachenko Saturday in the dressing room before he and Vargas fought!

Vargas and Salido set a super-featherweight record for punches thrown in a fight and previously said he planned to trek to New York to watch Lomachenko’s fight and propose a rematch.

But Salido’s manager, Sean Gibbons, said after the gripping outcome of the Vargas bout that Salido’s primary interest is in a rematch with Vargas.

A camera closeup during the fight shows Lomachenko giving the fighters a standing ovation! If that's not a compliment I don't know what is!

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      You know my only problem with this is that Salido has now very arguably won three title fights in a row without getting a single decision win in any of the three.

The guy is literally the epitome of a modern day boxing warrior and yet he's only getting a pittance for these ****ing legendary fights he's putting on back to back to back.

Give the man his dues you slimey **** faced greedy ass rat bastard promoters! Give him a 5 million payday!

Can you believe that Floyd and Pac probably got 100,000,000 between them for their pathetic excuse of a fight, while Saldio got a measly 50K for this war? Floyd and Pac, give that man some of your purses you damn crooks and Vargas too!

I'd love to see a rematch, but I love Salido for everything he stands for, and it would be hard to watch him go through another epic war only to come out on the wrong end of a decision again. Can you imagine him getting screwed four title fights in a row? That'd have to be a record!

He's clearly a two division, five X champion or something now and yet he's been given the decision only when he takes it out of the judges hands.

I hope he enjoys his retirement and lives a damn great life. Pray to the boxing gods that it's so people.

^This x1000

Can't believe Salido's purse was a measly 50 grand and how much of that did he actually take home? Smh..

Comment

Working...
                      X