Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accolades are joke. Its not about whose the best but who the media wants to promote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
    Dude what other accolades do you want him to have? He's in the hall of fame, he's won trainer of the year, he's trained fighters from the beginning and made them champs. He's done and accomplished everything a trainer can.

What do you want him to have Hollywood type of fame? What are you complaining about with nacho. He's one of the best trainers ever and boxing recognizes it.
    .....my point is simple.....other trainers in boxing deserve acknowledgment....also the media tried to make Roach some guru and better trainer than he actually is/was

only trainer the media talks about is Freddie Roach and it has been that way since Manny beat DLH

Outside of Hard core fans, no one knows any other trainers unless they trainers are dead.

you gotta admit Roach got a lot of press, when other trainers have been doing the same as him or better

But hey he fits America's dream....a not so good fighter, becomes a hall of fame trainer with Parkinsons and happened to train the most beloved fighter of the generation......all those considered, he was given awards he didn't deserve

Comment

Frankly I'm surprised that ESPN didn't give Fighter of the Year to Ronda Rousey. That's how much credibility they have with me when it comes to knowing shit about boxing.

Comment

While I also have Canelo as the FOTY, ESPN's opinion is ESPN's opinion, it's the BWAA that awards the "official" award.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          .....my point is simple.....other trainers in boxing deserve acknowledgment....also the media tried to make Roach some guru and better trainer than he actually is/was

only trainer the media talks about is Freddie Roach and it has been that way since Manny beat DLH

Outside of Hard core fans, no one knows any other trainers unless they trainers are dead.

you gotta admit Roach got a lot of press, when other trainers have been doing the same as him or better

But hey he fits America's dream....a not so good fighter, becomes a hall of fame trainer with Parkinsons and happened to train the most beloved fighter of the generation......all those considered, he was given awards he didn't deserve
          Dude who gives a two sh it's about what the media does or says. They follow there own adgenda.

All that matters is what boxing as a sport thinks. And they recognize what's happening and they rightfully recognize nacho as one of the best ever snd they have bestowed accolades on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            While I also have Canelo as the FOTY, ESPN's opinion is ESPN's opinion, it's the BWAA that awards the "official" award.
            their choices have been a little crappy too....I think Roach got trainer of the year in 2013 when most of his pupils were having bad years

BWAA doesn't always get it right.....they should let fighters, trainers and fans vote, not writers who don't even know how to make a proper fist or slip a jab

Comment

FOTY is based off opponent beat and performance put forth.

Now tells how the hell does Floyd deserves the award for that shot performance against Manny and another shot performance against Berto?

Marquez had an actual victory over Manny and didn't get FOTY so why should Floyd? I'm sick of seeing fighters bring awarded for just doing enough to survive and obviously most people are as well.

Plus the whole testing fiasco is another factor.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
                I thought we were talking about the pathetic PBC "fighter of the year awards". Given to Thurman after two mediocre wins rofl
                And then given to Jacobs a week later lol.

Comment

Morales, Marquez, and Mayweather beat Pac and didn't win fighter of the year.....Manny beat them he won or wins....if Manny beat Mayweather he'd be on GOD STATUS right now

These accolades don't mean much if the athletes that deserve it don't win

Look at Ronda Rousey.....she was fighter of the year for what???

its all politics, popularity
                  idk if you know but look at the names of a lot of boxing media. lotta asians now. who do you think theyre gonna vote for? lol

like high school yearbooks. yearbook is filled with pics of the yearbook staff and their friends. same thing.. JMM fixed that tho lmfao

Comment

Bleacher Report just voted Canelo the fighter of the year as well.

Comment

Not only that...but i think all that announcing the fighter's trainer before the fight crap started with roach too. Like the trainers were being pitted against each other or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X