Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Prizefighter: who will win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my ticket for this.

Comment

if Perez doesnt come in fat im picking him to win it. The format is all wrong for Kingpin. Gomez - not sure. Havent seen him since the Vit fight, but he could have a great shout at winning it

Comment

If Gomez wasn't past it and out of shape in his last fights, I'd go with him. But he seems to not be taking the sport seriously any more. Johnson would probably beat most of this guys... in full fights. In 3 round fights however, who knows. So I'll go with Perez, he's a young prospect who looks to have good power, so I think this format will suit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
          I got my ticket for this.
          I wish I could be there - that's quite a lineup.

It's not every day you get to go to a boxing card and see that many decent heavyweights.

Comment

(from fight news)

Welsh legend Joe Calzaghe performed the draw for Prizefighter International Heavyweights as eight men with over 160 knockouts between them fight to become the first ever International Prizefighter Champion on May 7 at London’s Alexandra Palace.

Quarter-final matchups:

Mike Perez vs. Fres Oquendo

Kevin ‘Kingpin’ Johnson vs. Gregory Tony

Michael Sprott vs. Tye Fields

Juan Carlos Gomez vs. Konstantin Airich

Comment

from fight news:

Oquendo OUT of Prizefighter Tourny!

Friday, April 29, 2011.

Due to the death of 47 year old Wendall Granville long time friend and partner in his non-profit charity: Fres Oquendo Boxing Academy, Fres Oquendo, has decided to remove himself from the World Class International Competition. Oquendo, who was considered by many as a strong favorite to win the tournament, just received the news about his friends passing. "My first phone call was to WBA heavyweight champion David Haye to inform him of the news, He was extremely supportive and said the decision was up to Fres" said Oquendo's manager Tom Tsatas, Oquendo also has the full support and understanding of his promoters John Wirt of Square Ring Promotions and Bobby Hitz of Hitz Boxing.

"The sudden loss of a friend is devastating and I am in deep shock, Wendell, helped get me off the streets when I was a knucklehead and stuck with me through all the malaise of boxing for nearly 20 years all the way to helping me make the FOBA come to fruition. I feel I should to be here with his family and partake in any arrangements the family will make this upcoming week. I'd thank my friend, David Haye, and my team for their support" stated Oquendo.

Comment

This thing is turning into the super 6.

Comment

Gomez is out...... VISA problems.

Comment

from fight news

JC Gomez out of Prizefighter

Heavyweight contender Juan Carlos Gomez has been forced to withdraw from Saturday’s Prizefighter International Heavyweights tournament in London due to visa issues. He will be be replaced by Lucian Bot. It was also announced that Kerston ‘Warrior’ Manswell will replace Fres Oquendo.

Revised Prizefighter International Heavyweights Draw
                    Quarter-final one: Mike Perez vs Kerston Manswell
                    Quarter-final two: Kevin Johnson vs Gregory Tony
                    Quarter-final three: Michael Sprott vs Tye Fields
                    Quarter-final four: Lucian Bot vs Konstantin Airich

Comment

Working...
                    X