Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rigondeaux vs Donaire prove that the press conference staredown says NOTHING?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Rigondeaux vs Donaire prove that the press conference staredown says NOTHING?

A lot of people said Rigondeaux looked scared in the staredown with Donaire in the prefight press conference (and/or weigh in). Rigondeaux just didn't look him in the eye, but when you look at the fight itself, you could see Rigondeaux wasn't afraid AT ALL, and at times he looked totally relaxed in the ring.
    I think we "fans" from the outside have no real insight into what is really going on in staredowns. Only the 2 men themselves know what is going on and who is afraid and who is not.

I read that nonsense and steered away from it cause it was simply that, nonsense.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
      A lot of people said Rigondeaux looked scared in the staredown with Donaire in the prefight press conference (and/or weigh in). Rigondeaux just didn't look him in the eye, but when you look at the fight itself, you could see Rigondeaux wasn't afraid AT ALL, and at times he looked totally relaxed in the ring.
      I think we "fans" from the outside have no real insight into what is really going on in staredowns. Only the 2 men themselves know what is going on and who is afraid and who is not.

it was donaire who looked uncomfortable at the weigh in, not rigo. donaire wasnt focused. he was smiling and joking around. if you go back to the vazquez jr staredown or the montiel staredown. he was much more focused and looked confident.

Comment

Stare downs are point less

Comment

Everybody always reads too much into everything.
          Oh his shorts were too low... got so scared he didn't pull them up all the way
          Oh his shorts were too high... got so scared he pulled them up more than he needed

Comment

That was proved long before this fight. The **** people say after seeing a video of a staredown always drives me a little crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              That was proved long before this fight. The **** people say after seeing a video of a staredown always drives me a little crazy.
              I agree totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                I read that nonsense and steered away from it cause it was simply that, nonsense.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Pretty much spot on.

Comment

It was the leftover PAC fans that moved to donaire that were saying that garbage

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                    He ran for his life in the fight, didn't he? The crowd was booing. It's embarrassing.

So yes. It proved that he respected Donaire too much that he wasn't the one who chased the flash and went for a KO. Are you people not watching?

Comment

Working...
                    X