Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Adrien Broner vs. Gavin Rees & undercards RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why are we allowed to discredit Rees height when his height was an advantage as shown as in the first couple rounds. Rees was a tough SOB. He used his height well, till Broner found his angles and adjusted to such a short man.

Not making a comparison, but short height isn't always a disadvantage.. a la Tyson.

Comment

• Broner hatin' on midgets.

Remember all that "Shortboa" ish he was spewing not long ago?

And now he beats up Gavin Rees?

Broner hates little people.

Comment

• @ people still voting Rees by KO/TKO the day after the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          gary lockett is a hell of a trainer, evidently. he gave great advice, prepared rees well, and stopped the fight exactly when it needed to be stopped
          Yeah, I was impressed by Lockett considering he's only been training fighters for a few years. Before the fight he was interviewed on Sky and said plan A was to keep it at long range, get in and out quickly and make Broner use his legs. It was a sound strategy, especially looking at what's happened to recent opponents who've more or less stood stationary in front of Broner. But after hearing this, supposed experts Enzo Calzaghe and Jim Watt bleated on about how this was all wrong and Gavin needed to get inside and basically spend the fight on Broner's chest breaking him down!

That would have ended badly for Rees. Or "more badly" I should say.

Comment

• Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
            Yeah, I was impressed by Lockett considering he's only been training fighters for a few years. Before the fight he was interviewed on Sky and said plan A was to keep it at long range, get in and out quickly and make Broner use his legs. It was a sound strategy, especially looking at what's happened to recent opponents who've more or less stood stationary in front of Broner. But after hearing this, supposed experts Enzo Calzaghe and Jim Watt bleated on about how this was all wrong and Gavin needed to get inside and basically spend the fight on Broner's chest breaking him down!

That would have ended badly for Rees. Or "more badly" I should say.
            yeah, I didn't understand the 'get inside' stuff either, Rees was always going to lose out physically by staying on Broner's inside.

First two rounds were bang-on tactically but Broner's power started to tell in the third.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              yeah, I didn't understand the 'get inside' stuff either, Rees was always going to lose out physically by staying on Broner's inside.

First two rounds were bang-on tactically but Broner's power started to tell in the third.
              Rees best chance was on Broners inside and it showed in the first two rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire and Fear View Post
                Rees best chance was on Broners inside and it showed in the first two rounds.
                I think we may differ as to the definition of 'inside'.

Gavin needed to get inside and basically spend the fight on Broner's chest breaking him down!
                ^
                I disagree with this. Rees was correct to move in and out. To have tried to work the inside versus a much more physically powerful Broner would have made the fight very one-sided.

Comment

• Rees did great. I didn't expect him to be that fast and spirited.

Comment

• Broner on boxrec to return 5/4 in vegas...who can we expect to see him face?

Comment

• Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                      Broner on boxrec to return 5/4 in vegas...who can we expect to see him face?
                      Ray Beltran seems like the most likely option, but maybe it could be the winner of Abril/Bogere.

Comment

Working...
                      X