No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnny Tapia's Gravesite Gets Unique Boxing Memorial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Johnny Tapia's Gravesite Gets Unique Boxing Memorial

Johnny Tapia's gravesite in Albuquerque now has a unique memorial, thanks to family and friends of the late boxer.

KOB-TV reports ( http://bit.ly/U4Bmyo) a small replica boxing ring has been set up at the site to pay tribute to the five-time champion.

The Albuquerque City Council shelved a proposal in December to rename a community center after Tapia. Critics pointed to his drug addiction and legal troubles as reasons why the proposal shouldn't be passed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If it was Gatti they were talking about naming a community center after then no one would have a problem with it

Comment

In either case, the man will be missed just like so many other boxing figures we have lost in 2012 and throughout.

R.I.P and thanks for all the memories to all we have lost real talk.

Comment

for a man to be among boxings elite and maintain these alledged addictions is a big ask of any human, i mean, the fitness regime of a world class athlete mixed with booze alone has gotta be impossible but, nethertheless even harder training in my view.
        this fellah had the biggest heart in the sport at the time and was a real crowd favourite, its such a shame that his life was filled with heartache and dispair in his youth.
        what do the critics say about that? and then be able to become a elite level athlete? they know **** all.
        name a ****in town after tapia, he deserved it.
        god bless that man.

Comment

they should do it. he brought good money in that city from his fights. he's human and made mistakes like us all. last time i checked. in a interview he apologize to the community. that alone gives him my vote.

Comment

Working...
          X