No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Monty Meza Clay may 19th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner vs Monty Meza Clay may 19th

Name I've been hearing as possible opponent for Adrien Broner on May 19 on HBO is Monte Meza Clay. #boxing

per dan rafael twitter

this fight sucks by the way meza clay is a freaking midget

Lets hope not

Besides never beating anybody even decent, he's like barely 5 feet tall

Comment

God I hope not.

He should be fighting someone like Argenis Mendez.

At least Eloy Perez was an unbeaten Top 10 ranked SFW contender. This is a step in the wrong direction after having good fights with Ponce, Litzau, and Perez.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        God I hope not.

He should be fighting someone like Argenis Mendez.

At least Eloy Perez was an unbeaten Top 10 ranked SFW contender. This is a step in the wrong direction after having good fights with Ponce, Litzau, and Perez.
        Im not as itchy as others are about these things. I dont mind it because 9 times out of 10 they just mean he's had a run of solid guys and they want one gimme because he's going to have a big time fight after that. I think if he fights this guy then they are going big time next

Comment

that's just a horrible fight. i'm really only interested in seeing broner in title fights or against top contenders within the division. if not, just move up.

Comment

At least he's staying busy but this is nowhere near the level of a HBO fight.

Comment

Bad choice of opponent.. nothing to gain really.
              Roman Martinez or Vicente Escobedo would be a good stay busy fight.
              But I prefer most Juan Salgado to stock further his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                Im not as itchy as others are about these things. I dont mind it because 9 times out of 10 they just mean he's had a run of solid guys and they want one gimme because he's going to have a big time fight after that. I think if he fights this guy then they are going big time next
                there's no reason for that. he hasn't been in wars. his last 3 fights have been easy work, didn't even get busted up let alone touched. and this is too horrible of an opponent to even consider at this level. i don't see broner not fighting on either showtime/hbo and this fight wouldn't be acceptable (even though he does have al haymon who can make pretty much anything happen). someone like jorge solis would be an okay tuneup or stay busy fight for a bigger fight in the future, but even then, as i said in the beginning, his past 3 fights have been pretty easy going for him.
                Last edited by chiguy91; 04-05-2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

****ty fight, i guess its stay busy but still ****ty fight. hopefully his next one will be better.

Comment

Horrible fight.

crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X