• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sparring

Rounds 1 2

rounds 3 4

rounds 5 6

lite pad work till my calf kept cramping and sorry the crap sony hd cam starts shaking for no reason i dont know why

battery died

How long have been boxing?

Just watched the first video - Good work mate.

Your sparring partner looks much smaller and afraid to commit / step into his punches. I would go a bit lighter with him to encourage him to get in range and let his hands go a bit more (I doubt he can hurt you). You'll get more benefit from this as you can work on defence / counter puching. I sometimes spar with a 14 year old (I'm 31) who is about the same height as me but weighs about 24 kg less. Obviously, I go very light with him, and this encourages him to really let his hands go, so I can work on defence / countering without worrying about get hurt. It's great for trying new things out.

Good luck.

Comment

you guys are new to sparring and it shows just keep shadow boxing and working on combinations

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
        How long have been boxing?

Just watched the first video - Good work mate.

Your sparring partner looks much smaller and afraid to commit / step into his punches. I would go a bit lighter with him to encourage him to get in range and let his hands go a bit more (I doubt he can hurt you). You'll get more benefit from this as you can work on defence / counter puching. I sometimes spar with a 14 year old (I'm 31) who is about the same height as me but weighs about 24 kg less. Obviously, I go very light with him, and this encourages him to really let his hands go, so I can work on defence / countering without worrying about get hurt. It's great for trying new things out.

Good luck.
        lol I was going light and ive been boxing for about 10 years. I actually get bored boxing some of the green guys. When I work with Pros(they never allow recording) and higher amateurs We go a little harder of course. makes me think more. with these guys I may look like im aggressive but its only because they are intimidated and i want them to come out their shell.

Last edited by boxer2k5; 06-08-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
          you guys are new to sparring and it shows just keep shadow boxing and working on combinations
          new to sparring? show me how its done then?

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
            What the hell? The man obviously knew what the **** he was doing, lol. If he was new to sparring, he'd have been all over the place. He looked comfortable.

Comment

better than most i see. but 10 years? keep in mind the first three guys were basically newbees to boxing. the second two were better but still bums.

Comment

yeah. sparring isnt about looking good. but again its hard to look good against green fighters without going hard on them. sometimes when i get aggressive on them its to get them out their shell. when im with pros and top dudes usualy dont allow us to record or i just dont upload it online. but thats when im at my best. when i fight i will def post up for everyone

Comment

What weight class u in bro?

Comment

You do a lot of ducking that is borderline illegal. You look like you know what you're doing I guess but I really don't find your style very strong or respectable to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X