Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who holds the better championship fight at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
    As much as I like Cotto, I enjoyed Manny's beatdown of cheato far more than Cotto's TKO of Yuri. Of course, I also get the feeling that Foreman is overrated judging by how easily Cotto was able to beat him (or maybe it was Cotto being really good). At any rate, cheating/beatdown/layoff aside, I still consider cheato a greater threat than Foreman, but I guess we'll just have to wait to see whether Foreman can do any damage in the division when he gets back.
    Foreman was undefeated & took that title from Daniel Santos,someone shouldn't be deemed overrated because they lost to a fighter like Cotto!!Foreman beat a champ,took his title & lost to a real fighter,who don't duck nobody!!This tread wasn't about a perceived threat because quite frankly Margarito only threatened to actually hurt Pacman once in round six,he wasn't a threat at all!!He was irrelevant in boxing since Mosley ended his dominance in brutal fashion & we found out he was loading his gloves & beat some cabdriver in his 1st fight back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Cotto beat the worst belt holder in the division who had a bad knee. Manny beat unranked guy in the division for a vacant belt and asked for a catchweight

I will say neither
      How was Foreman worse at the time than Cory Spinks was?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Nothing impresses this ts when it comes to Pac.
        I don't think his boy nor Martinez would ever jump
        into higher weight classes through the rest of their
        careers. They'd rather call out midgets. Yeah, that's
        impressive. This ts' focus would rather be on midgets.
        The Punisher or Martinez have absolutely nothing to do with this topic,true story & for ur information the Punisher was a career welterweight so just shut up if if U don't know what ur talking about!!

Comment

Anyways Dzinziruk is the best belt holder at that weight.

However, the real championship belt is vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
            Foreman was undefeated & took that title from Daniel Santos,someone shouldn't be deemed overrated because they lost to a fighter like Cotto!!Foreman beat a champ,took his title & lost to a real fighter,who don't duck nobody!!This tread wasn't about a perceived threat because quite frankly Margarito only threatened to actually hurt Pacman once in round six,he wasn't a threat at all!!He was irrelevant in boxing since Mosley ended his dominance in brutal fashion & we found out he was loading his gloves & beat some cabdriver in his 1st fight back!!
            An inactive Santos... I'll just wait and see what he can do, I'd like to see him against Chavez or Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
              An inactive Santos... I'll just wait and see what he can do, I'd like to see him against Chavez or Angulo.
              Foreman doesn't have the power to be in there with Angulo,however he may look well against Chavez!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
                I don't really know about that!!U see Foreman the fight previous,beat a once world class fighter & champion in Santos!!Dominated him to be exact!!Santos also had some solid wins on his resume,matter of fact,nahhh,we'll leave that out!!But you get the picture,couple that with Roach saying Foreman was too big & boom,U get an answer!!
                santos was coming off about 14 month layoff and had fought 2 times in the past 40 months or so. I would say Santos was on the decline and don't even try to compare margs that fought santos to margs that fought pac.

you can't possibly be that shortsighted, I've read your posts many times and they're usually pretty thoughtful, but every situation is different. for example, is the dude who has a win over bhop in bhop's first fight a better fighter than glen johnson

Obviously pac has surprised roach as freddie thought shane was too strong, but we found out otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  santos was coming off about 14 month layoff and had fought 2 times in the past 40 months or so. I would say Santos was on the decline and don't even try to compare margs that fought santos to margs that fought pac.

you can't possibly be that shortsighted, I've read your posts many times and they're usually pretty thoughtful, but every situation is different. for example, is the dude who has a win over bhop in bhop's first fight a better fighter than glen johnson

Obviously pac has surprised roach as freddie thought shane was too strong, but we found out otherwise.
                  Why,both were horrible??What do U mean,Mosley is strong & he would have matched up better with Pacman a few years ago!!

Comment

niether win was impressive..both fought handicapped opponents..yuri(knee)..margo(catchweight)

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      How was Foreman worse at the time than Cory Spinks was?
                      Spinks at least fought elites and at the time had they fought even a shot Spinks would have been the slight Favorite

not saying Cotto should have fought Cory instead
                      Last edited by Phenom; 12-02-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X