Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message from NASA " Pray"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we know why Chuck Norris shaved the beard. It had to leave the planet to fight this asteroid.

Comment

I remember like a week ago physicist Michio Kaku was talking about this on the Colbert Report, he said it won't be heading for earth until around 2030. One of these huge asteroids also nearly hit Russia, and they are actually taking this very seriously because of what happened. I think if it had hit them it would've destroyed an entire city.

The earth has been hit by monster asteroids before, quite a lot actually so it's nothing new, it's only until recently that we've realized what's going on.

I believe he said the asteroid will fly by earth a few years before it actually enters our atmosphere, when that happens scientists will try to examine it, see the material it's made of, it's size and density I think. After that they'll decide if it's a threat.

That's all I can really remember him saying. These asteroids MUST be taken seriously because they can and most likely will wipe out a city or even a country within a few hundred years or even less.

Comment

My mother used to tell me that you shouldn't worry about things you can't control.

Who gives a fuk if there are giant rocks heading our way, there's nothing we can do about it and the mortgage is still due.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          My mother used to tell me that you shouldn't worry about things you can't control.

Who gives a fuk if there are giant rocks heading our way, there's nothing we can do about it and the mortgage is still due.
          I hear that son!
          Agree with your mom's words!

and i'm ready to send out my mortgage tomorrow, them mofos don't give a fock! If the world is gonna end tomorrow...you best send that check before tomorrow comes...real talk!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Now we know why Chuck Norris shaved the beard. It had to leave the planet to fight this asteroid.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              I hear that son!
              Agree with your mom's words!

and i'm ready to send out my mortgage tomorrow, them mofos don't give a fock! If the world is gonna end tomorrow...you best send that check before tomorrow comes...real talk!
              I think I might make an entire thread of the words of wisdom of my mother. She had some gems.

Comment

This "story" was ran in the Philadelphia papers yesterday. Of course, the media folks made sure to title it to make it appear as if a meteor was set to hit us within a month.

Fear-mongering has replaced facts, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I remember like a week ago physicist Michio Kaku was talking about this on the Colbert Report, he said it won't be heading for earth until around 2030. One of these huge asteroids also nearly hit Russia, and they are actually taking this very seriously because of what happened. I think if it had hit them it would've destroyed an entire city.

The earth has been hit by monster asteroids before, quite a lot actually so it's nothing new, it's only until recently that we've realized what's going on.

I believe he said the asteroid will fly by earth a few years before it actually enters our atmosphere, when that happens scientists will try to examine it, see the material it's made of, it's size and density I think. After that they'll decide if it's a threat.

That's all I can really remember him saying. These asteroids MUST be taken seriously because they can and most likely will wipe out a city or even a country within a few hundred years or even less.
                  There's called Apophis that is meant to possibly hit in 2036 if it passes through a certain "keyhole" area in 2029. It was up at a 3% chance of impact initially.

In 2012 after repeated measurements over the years, the odds are almost negligible (1/140m) of an Earth collision on Friday 13th of April 2036.

If an asteroid enters our atmosphere that's horrible news. Scientists are already examining, size, density and composition of Apophis and that's a fair bit away (about 9 million miles) and the atmosphere only stretches about 70 miles. If an asteroid enters our atmosphere there is no point in examining it as there's no time and we're already f***ed considering asteroids travel with speeds of tens of kilometres per second.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    This "story" was ran in the Philadelphia papers yesterday. Of course, the media folks made sure to title it to make it appear as if a meteor was set to hit us within a month.

Fear-mongering has replaced facts, apparently.
                    Lol yeah the title is a huge attention grabber but so misleading.

It is a shame that so much funds is being stripped from the NASA program.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      There's called Apophis that is meant to possibly hit in 2036 if it passes through a certain "keyhole" area in 2029. It was up at a 3% chance of impact initially.

In 2012 after repeated measurements over the years, the odds are almost negligible (1/140m) of an Earth collision on Friday 13th of April 2036.

If an asteroid enters our atmosphere that's horrible news. Scientists are already examining, size, density and composition of Apophis and that's a fair bit away (about 9 million miles) and the atmosphere only stretches about 70 miles. If an asteroid enters our atmosphere there is no point in examining it as there's no time and we're already f***ed considering asteroids travel with speeds of tens of kilometres per second.
                      hi barn...

there was one that hit russia a few months back right? apparently nobody saw that coming...

Comment

Working...
                      X