Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ross’s Iffy Math a Sure Sign of “Boxing Autumn”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"C.J. Ross, the Nevada boxing judge heavily ridiculed for turning in her second suspect scorecard in 15 months by scoring Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s dominant performance Saturday over Saul Canelo Alvarez as a draw, has effectively resigned, according to reports."
    Source: LA Times, September 17, 2013, 9:05 p.m.

Comment

Agree. Sure, first fight Castillo vs Mayweather was not a landslide, but 7 or 8 rounds to 4 for Castillo is what I guess I call crystal clear. The guy is a great defensive boxer in a poor era, it ain't the era of Hearns, Duran and Leonard of welterweights. And by the way, I think De La Hoya and Mosley would comfortable beat Mayweather in their primes.

Comment

comfortably beat him, sorry for typos lol

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Agree. Sure, first fight Castillo vs Mayweather was not a landslide, but 7 or 8 rounds to 4 for Castillo is what I guess I call crystal clear. The guy is a great defensive boxer in a poor era, it ain't the era of Hearns, Duran and Leonard of welterweights. And by the way, I think De La Hoya and Mosley would comfortable beat Mayweather in their primes.
          Disagree. In fact I think if the Mayweather of today fought the same Oscar he foight in '07 I think he'd beat him very comfortably, perhaps even a stoppage. IMO this is the best Mayweather's been, he's at his peak right now.

I don't think flat-footed Oscar would ever get the better of Mayweather even in his prime. Moseley you just never know, guy blows hot and cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Disagree. In fact I think if the Mayweather of today fought the same Oscar he foight in '07 I think he'd beat him very comfortably, perhaps even a stoppage. IMO this is the best Mayweather's been, he's at his peak right now.

I don't think flat-footed Oscar would ever get the better of Mayweather even in his prime. Moseley you just never know, guy blows hot and cold.

Comment

Rat

She should be investigated. I smell a Rat, and I'm not the only one.

Comment

Working...
              X