Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about De La Hoya and Marquez.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about De La Hoya and Marquez.....

Hear me out people.......

I read on here everyday about how Oscar was a good fighter, but not an ATG because he didn't win his biggest fights. I also listen to people say everyday that Marquez is an ATG because he should have a win over Pacquiao, and probably should have won a couple other fights that were losses.

So my question is this......if we're giving Marquez credit for his 3 close fights with Pacquiao (where he should have at least had one win) and what should have probably been wins over Norwood and John, why don't people give Oscar credit for his close fights with Mosley (where he should have at least one win) and what probably should have been a win over Trinidad????

Why is that???

Marquez's resume isn't all that great when you take out Pac. My 2c.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Marquez's resume isn't all that great when you take out Pac. My 2c.
      So why is it that loads of people say Marquez is in ATG, basing it largely on him deserving at least one win over Manny and what should havve been wins over Norwood and John.....but then loads of people say Oscar isn't an ATG because he didn't "win" his biggest fights, even though he deserves to have at least one win over a prime Mosley and deserved to beat a prime Trinidad.

Comment

because oscar is feminine and marquez es mas macho.

that's a good point though. i think oscar has probably a top 5 all time rezzy in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          So why is it that loads of people say Marquez is in ATG, basing it largely on him deserving at least one win over Manny and what should havve been wins over Norwood and John.....but then loads of people say Oscar isn't an ATG because he didn't "win" his biggest fights, even though he deserves to have at least one win over a prime Mosley and deserved to beat a prime Trinidad.
          The way he finished the Trinidad fight takes away a lot of the sympathy he might have had for that fight.

Comment

Because they hate on Oscar. Many other boxers with lesser skills and resume(wins) are considered great.

If Oscar wasn't great then his accomplishments would be easy to beat.

Mex/PRs can't even win in more than 3 divisions 99% of the times.

Comment

I read on here everyday about how Oscar was a good fighter, but not an ATG because he didn't win his biggest fights. I also listen to people say everyday that Marquez is an ATG because he should have a win over Pacquiao, and probably should have won a couple other fights that were losses.

So my question is this......if we're giving Marquez credit for his 3 close fights with Pacquiao (where he should have at least had one win) and what should have probably been wins over Norwood and John, why don't people give Oscar credit for his close fights with Mosley (where he should have at least one win) and what probably should have been a win over Trinidad????

Why is that???
              Marquez getting robbed is fresher in our minds.

I feel robberies really hurt fighters as time goes by. People will just see what was on paper and assume that it was a close fight that could have gone either way. It's not like they were around at the time to know what went on. All the outrage and anger dies with time.

Comment

Why is that???
                ooooooh

good question I am not really sure why, but I have always felt Marquez was a ATG and DLH wasn't..

It is pretty apparent that they are both in the same boat.

Comment

Marquez is an underachiever, he's accomplished a lot but he could have done so much more and still could. Unless he's fighting Manny, he's recently opted to face mediocre to trashy opposition. Oscar challenged himself more, I don't know what the fuck Marquez is doing or thinking, or whether he even cares about his legacy.

Comment

Both are great fighters that fans respect. They both pretty much faced who they were supposed to. Both lost big fights, both won big fights, both were competitive in big fights. What's the problem again lol?

Comment

Working...
                    X