No announcement yet.

strengthening my left hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strengthening my left hand?

Hey I am a converted southpaw so my right hand is pretty strong which is a good advantage since its so close to my opponents body but my left hand is so much weaker, escpecially my left hook. What can I do strengthen my left hand?

do exercises where you only use it sometimes my coach puts me sparring using my left hand only but both to attack..wich means the other is trowing mad combos at me and i can only hit him with the left that's why my left is so much better then when i started boxing

Comment

masturbate more with your left

Comment

on a serious note,do more curls on your left.a simple little way as easy as opening the palm of your hand reapetedly,squeezing a squash ball.loads of ways to do it man.

Comment

Wait wait, do you mean you want to strengthen the hand as in grip strength? Or you want to hit harder?

If you want to hit harder, just keep throwing against a bag until you feel comfortable with it, there arent really shortcuts with power except with proper technique, and technique takes practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
            Wait wait, do you mean you want to strengthen the hand as in grip strength? Or you want to hit harder?

If you want to hit harder, just keep throwing against a bag until you feel comfortable with it, there arent really shortcuts with power except with proper technique, and technique takes practice.
            agree with this one. technique is the only way to do it. a lot of us feel awkward throwing a left from a southpaw stance. just practice proper technique first and then put more into it as you go along.

Comment

I mean punching power

Comment

When your shadow boxing focus on your technique with the left hand. That's very important. Your power comes from the legs, turning, and pivot. And also practice on the heavy bag. You will start hitting harder with the left, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                X