Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got week two tickets for court one. I live about 5 mins from Wimbledon.

It's set-up for Murray IMO. He looked good at Queens and didn't drop a set without having to move up a gear. The French will have taken a lot out of Federer IMO, and Murray gets inside his head. He doesn't like Murray.

Murray in four sets against Federer in the final.

Roddick as the dark horse.

One of the Williams sisters will take the women's title.

Comment

i think federer will take this..he has to be pumped up to get his 15th!!!!!! He's so fluent and calm when he plays, love watchin him play!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        I've got week two tickets for court one. I live about 5 mins from Wimbledon.

It's set-up for Murray IMO. He looked good at Queens and didn't drop a set without having to move up a gear. The French will have taken a lot out of Federer IMO, and Murray gets inside his head. He doesn't like Murray.

Murray in four sets against Federer in the final.

Roddick as the dark horse.

One of the Williams sisters will take the women's title.
        Do you have tickets for the first day. Because I was checking the schedule for play that day and on Court one Sharapova is playing. Don't really like her as a player anyways, but she is hot and that would be awesome to see her play. Plus do you know if Centre Court is the only one with a roof now or did court one get a roof too.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
          Do you have tickets for the first day. Because I was checking the schedule for play that day and on Court one Sharapova is playing. Don't really like her as a player anyways, but she is hot and that would be awesome to see her play. Plus do you know if Centre Court is the only one with a roof now or did court one get a roof too.
          I've got tickets for week two on Court One so i'm not sure what matches i'll get to see. Week two, most big matches are on Centre Court.

Centre Court has got a new roof. All the other big courts haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            I've got tickets for week two on Court One so i'm not sure what matches i'll get to see. Week two, most big matches are on Centre Court.

Centre Court has got a new roof. All the other big courts haven't.
            Yeah most of the big matches will probably be on Centre Court, but I bet you'll still see some good players and some good matches. Should be fun. I would love to go to Wimbledon one day, before I die it's definitely something I want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
              Yeah most of the big matches will probably be on Centre Court, but I bet you'll still see some good players and some good matches. Should be fun. I would love to go to Wimbledon one day, before I die it's definitely something I want to do.
              Yer you should, i've met a lot of yanks at Wimbledon over the years. Last year i was in the que behind a couple of guys from Oregon. Nice blokes.
              Last edited by Chunk..; 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Anyone but Murray

Comment

Originally posted by The Drogba View Post
                  Anyone but Murray
                  Care to expound? the fact that you have a man of completely no moral ethics in your avatar makes me question your opinion.

Comment

I really think there is only 2 men who can win the mens this year, God AKA Murray and Fed. Roddick, Del Potro and Karlovic will all be dangerous.

As usual i'll be supporting Murray. He has got quite a nasty draw this year with Kendrick in the 1st round, who is a useful grass court player, and then Gulbis, who has a big serve in the 2nd. I just think its set up for Andy with the whole Fred Perry 100 birthday, if he was still alive obviously. We'll just have to wait and see though.

On the womens side, I got a sneaky feeling Serena is going to be in a destructive mood and clinch another title.

Can't wait...the next two weeks i'll be glued to my tv; gotta love how BBC has almost every match live on interactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                      Care to expound? the fact that you have a man of completely no moral ethics in your avatar makes me question your opinion.
                      I don't want a British guy to win. I loved seeing Tim henman crumble under the pressure year after year. I heard it's called Murray mountain now

Comment

Working...
                      X