No announcement yet.

Official: Danny Garcia vs Paulie Malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Danny Garcia vs Paulie Malignaggi

This was taken from a PR News paper... google translate.

Danny Garcia said yesterday that when he takes on Paulie Malignaggi next August will be the first aggressive and energetic fighter who was in his first defense holders.

The fight was agreed to the welterweight division, seven pounds above the junior welterweight category, where the boxer of Puerto Rican descent was crowned world champion and unified titles.

"I take my weight was affecting in fights, especially in the aftermath. I think I should go up after the fight Matthysse, "Garcia said yesterday during a conference call with the media.

García defeated Lucas Martin Matthysse close decision by the September 14, 2013 in Las Vegas. He was one of its most important triumphs. After that, however, he has faded in the ring. Mauricio Herrera dominated him on March 15 in Bayamon, but the judges gave a closed and highly controversial majority victory Garcia.

It was his last defense of his 140-pound titles World Boxing Association (WBA) and World Boxing Council (WBC). After that he stopped in the second assault of a match at 142 pounds unknown Rod Salka, and won, also by closed mayoritaria- controversial decision in a fight Lamon Peterson agreed for a maximum of 144 pounds.

Yesterday, Garcia said after the fight Matthysse felt faint whenever he fought as a junior welterweight.

"Before, honestly, when I hit (opponents) I feel the power through my arm and felt like hurting. But I did not feel that. I felt very weak.

In the fight Lamon Peterson felt really weak, "Garcia said. "After the fight with Matthysse wanted to climb. That was the perfect time, because he won consecutive three of the top 140 in the world: Erick Morales, Matthysse and Amir Khan. But my manager (Al Haymon) and my team had other plans for me. I discussed with my team and decided to stay a little longer at 140 pounds. "

"I was a big 140 pounds. At 140 pounds I never faced a taller or bigger than me opponent. I was a big fighter exprimiéndome to 140 pounds, "said Garcia. "At 147 you will see an athletic Danny Garcia, who boxes more and better see the blows, because I will be able to move better. When will you drain you receive many unnecessary blows because you are lethargic and do not look good. So I had to push hard for my opponents, walk forward and look for the knockout because he could not box on tiptoe as before. I had no choice. "

"This is my first fight at 147. I think it's a good matching of styles. I'm working hard and I am eager to show my skills in a new division, said Garcia.

Theres already a DSG vs Paulie thread:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=680224

Mods can merge this one to that one I guess

Comment

Garcia has no class. While this dummy is trying to figure out what weight to fight at his title goes undefended for almost a year and a half. Has he given up his title yet? If he hasn't given up the title and he is fighting cherry pick Paulie at 147 then what the hell kind of bull**** is that. If he had any class at all he would have vacated the title well over a year ago when he could no longer make 140. Garcia had the world's shortest prime as a boxer. Matthysse would crush him in a rematch. He will beat Paulie but so what. The first top ten welterweight he fights will beat him.

Comment

Working...
      X