Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Hopkins get suspected of being a PED user?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
    Lets look at the facts.

Doing extraordinary things when he used to be just ordinary.
    Gained 15 pounds of muscle in 6 months. December 2005, weighing in at 159. June 2006, weighing in at 174.
    45 years old and still fighting for championships, and winning against younger men. Hear me out, the guy is FORTY FIVE years old and still fighting for championships, and winning, against much younger opposition. Who does that?
    Arguably has lost only one fight in the last decade. (Many felt he beat Taylor both times).
    Always looks to be in top shape, even with a bigger head.

Why come people aren't screaming for random blood testing in this guys fights?

Dude is looking pretty suspicious to me.

45, and still being at the top?

Somethings up.
    because Blacks have diminished in boxing, and they're letting steroids cheats like Mosley, Hopkins, Holyfield, Nate campbell slipp through with PED's, so that there could still be black super-star champions in boxing now.

and oscar is helping them avoid detection, by influencing the boxing commissions to not test for EPO.

Comment

Did Archie Moore arguably have just 1 loss in his last decade of fighting?

Moore is considered the greatest above 40 year old fighter of all time, though.

He went like 38-3-1 after the age of 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayas View Post
        because Blacks have diminished in boxing, and they're letting steroids cheats like Mosley, Hopkins, Holyfield, Nate campbell slipp through with PED's, so that there could still be black super-star champions in boxing now.

and oscar is helping them avoid detection, by influencing the boxing commissions to not test for EPO.
        I hope you choke to death on a taco.

Comment

Originally posted by ikim322 View Post
          Maybe because he never takes time off from the gym. Has lived ridiculously clean almost all his life. Always had great boxing skills and ring generalship that wasn't dependent on superhuman reflexes which is the first thing to go (a la RJJ). Wins a lot of his fights with boring tactics using said boxing skills. His body doesn't even look like that of a PED user. Just an in shape fairly cut older guy. And when the hell was he just ordinary? When he just came out of prison and started boxing professionally right away? What a stupid thread.

Its only stupid because you don't want to admit there is something suspicious about a 45 year old man beating down much younger men.

Now tell me,

why shouldn't we suspect Bernard when we see all of the facts? He didn't always have great boxing skills. He was quite ordinary like every other guy who starts out.

Sounds like you're just making excuses so people don't suspect him.

Dude gained 15 pounds of muscle in 6 months and thats not suspicious?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            Moore is considered the greatest above 40 year old fighter of all time, though.

He went like 38-3-1 after the age of 40.
            I know who Moore is and what hes done, hes one of my uncles favorite fighters. But fighting at that level past the age of forty, is quite rare. Hopkins, in comparison, arguably has only 1 loss.

I just think its quite funny how people simply want to over look these facts in this day and age of accusing fighters of using PEDs.

Comment

[B]I know who Moore is and what hes done, hes one of my uncles favorite fighters. But fighting at that level past the age of forty, is quite rare. Hopkins, in comparison, arguably has only 1 loss.
              Hopkins in comparison hasn't fought nearly as many times as Moore and Moore fought until he was 48 or 49...

Hopkins is rare breed of fighter, a true throwback.

And about gaining the muscle, how much did he weigh in on the day of the fight against Taylor? Remember he's cutting weight to make 160 and he was struggling, so it was easier for him to make 175 which was more natural of a weight class for him at that time of his life. He also hired Mackie Shilstone who's pretty much a legend in the game.

Comment

He's taken little punishment...

He has slowed down...he doesn't have the same stamina/speed as in his 30's...

Skill and experience is keeping him in the game...

I thought he lost to Jermain the first time, and scored the 2nd one a draw...and I thought he lost to Calzaghe...

Comment

Originally posted by ikim322 View Post
                  I hope you choke to death on a taco.
                  I hope you accept the truth, that Black boxers today, cant make it to the top, unless they use steroids, PED's or some other shortcut.

In the 1940's there were black champions in every division cause they're were no other nationalities that were allowed to fight for the world titles then.

BUt now, the Russians own the Heavyweight Division and Mexicans own the lighter weight divisions,

but there're been conspiracies against Mexican fighters in the last few years, to allow steroid cheats like Pacman avoid Humberto Soto, Juan Diaz, etc.;
                  and Mosley allowed to get away cheating with Steroids when he fought Margarito, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayas View Post
                    I hope you accept the truth, that Black boxers today, cant make it to the top, unless they use steroids, PED's or some other shortcut.

In the 1940's there were black champions in every division cause they're were no other nationalities that were allowed to fight for the world titles then.

BUt now, the Russians own the Heavyweight Division and Mexicans own the lighter weight divisions,

but there're been conspiracies against Mexican fighters in the last few years, to allow steroid cheats like Pacman avoid Humberto Soto, Juan Diaz, etc.;
                    and Mosley allowed to get away cheating with Steroids when he fought Margarito, etc.
                    Honestly didn't bother reading your response because I decided trying to inject any rationality into you was pointless after reading your first point. I just want to say again, I hope you choke to death on a taco.

Comment

Its only stupid because you don't want to admit there is something suspicious about a 45 year old man beating down much younger men.

Now tell me,

why shouldn't we suspect Bernard when we see all of the facts? He didn't always have great boxing skills. He was quite ordinary like every other guy who starts out.

Sounds like you're just making excuses so people don't suspect him.

Dude gained 15 pounds of muscle in 6 months and thats not suspicious?
                      Making excuses? I don't even like Hopkins. In fact, besides against Tarver (who I dislike more), I think I've rooted against him in each one of his recent fights. I liked Taylor. Always thought he got treated unfairly. I liked Pavlik. Somewhat still do. I even liked RJJ over Hopkins. But you, you just sound like a mindless hater who's hanging onto one improbable fact, that he's an older man beating younger guys and running with it. Congrats. Way to not give any credit to someone who by all reasonable accounts...is a complete dickhead...but is indisputable how disciplined and how much effort he's put into the craft of boxing. Something that should be much more appreciated especially when you see younger fighters taking their talents for granted and not living up to their full potential. Which B-Hop has.

Comment

Working...
                      X