Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prince Nas was the best showman boxing had in years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was more entertained by Jorge Paez's act, but Hamed was a harder puncher than Paez.

Comment

I've been way more entertained over the years by:

Ali
      Robinson
      Leonard
      Jones
      Mayweather

Guys that did the bragging, flashy act but didn't entertain me and instead got on my nerves and made me look forward to them getting their asses kicked were:

Hamed
      Vargas
      Mayorga

Comment

Great fighter who would've been looked upon more favourably if he didn't exit the sport like he did.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Great fighter who would've been looked upon more favourably if he didn't exit the sport like he did.
          True, he had a rematch clause for Barrera......and he didn't take it. With a better preparation I'm sure he'd have been better in a return. I wouldn't predict a win, but an improvement at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I liked him, and he should have been in the hall of fame by now.
            The fact that he is not in the HOF is shameful to our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              The fact that he is not in the HOF is shameful to our sport.
              No, it's something we should be proud of.

He beat no one great, did not rule for long, got embarrassed in a defeat that chased him out of the sport, and acted like a complete buffoon through all of it.

His loss to a guranteed HOFer like Barrera showed the massive gap between someone who belongs and someone who doesn't.

Comment

There is no massive gap between Hamed & Barrera though.

If Hamed was to exercise the rematch clause and continue at the top for a few years afterwards, he'd almost certainly be seen as HOF. But like I said, the way he exited the sport leaves him looked down upon, especially on the back of that strange performance against Barrera.

I don't say he's HOF because it's all about what he did and not what he could've, but he could've done so much more.

Comment

There is no massive gap between Hamed & Barrera though.

If Hamed was to exercise the rematch clause and continue at the top for a few years afterwards, he'd almost certainly be seen as HOF. But like I said, the way he exited the sport leaves him looked down upon, especially on the back of that strange performance against Barrera.

I don't say he's HOF because it's all about what he did and not what he could've, but he could've done so much more.
                  I think what you saw in his fight with Barrera was that his unorthodox (ridiculous, really) style was a failure against the true elites. Barrera would beat him 10 out of 10 times.

Comment

Hamed was a product of the Ingle gym, thus his unorthodox style and as time went on and he lost his trainer (pre-McCullough) he regressed and fell in love with his power.

But the point you make about Hamed's level being found is what I'm getting at. He only met one true elite, who knows what would've happened in a rematch or against other elites.

Problems with his hands forced him out of the sport, shame really...

Comment

Hamed was a product of the Ingle gym, thus his unorthodox style and as time went on and he lost his trainer (pre-McCullough) he regressed and fell in love with his power.

But the point you make about Hamed's level being found is what I'm getting at. He only met one true elite, who knows what would've happened in a rematch or against other elites.

Problems with his hands forced him out of the sport, shame really...
                      No. Problems with getting your ass beat and embarrassed and not wanting to fight those who are as good as you or better is what got him out of the sport. The hands thing is bull****. Plenty of boxers break their hands and continue their career.

Comment

Working...
                      X