No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mary Kom Fully Focused On The 2016 Olympic Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mary Kom Fully Focused On The 2016 Olympic Games

Mary Kom, a 29-year-old mother of twin sons, plans to win another Olympic Games boxing medal in 2016.

Winning bronze in London this year has changed her life, but the little Indian fighter intends to go for gold in Rio de Janeiro.

"I hear they may introduce three more categories. If there's a 48kg category I am confident I can bring back gold," she says. [Click Here To Read More]

This stat that India only won 2 silvers & 4 bronze is ridiculous. A country of 1.2 BILLION didn't win a single gold? That's messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardhitter.1 View Post
      This stat that India only won 2 silvers & 4 bronze is ridiculous. A country of 1.2 BILLION didn't win a single gold? That's messed up.
      I don't put too much importance in the size of a country's population and how it relates (or not) to its number of world-class athletes. After all, there can be many reasons for a country's people to not care about one sport or another (or many sports, for that matter). Maybe Indians as a whole just don't think Olympic-level sports are that important?

Comment

Working...
      X