Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Floyd an ATG if he defeated Martinez at 160 to become MW champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you consider Floyd an ATG if he defeated Martinez at 160 to become MW champion?

I already consider Mayweather as one of the best boxing has ever seen. That being said, I also believe, to be as talented as he is, Floyd doesn't challenge himself like all-time greats in the past have (see Sugar Ray Robinson). For those who don't consider Floyd an ATG, would moving up in weight and defeating Sergio Martinez to become the middleweight champion of the world change your opinion?

Yes, why not? Dangle the carrot in front of Floyds nose so he takes the bait and we promise him the world to get Floyd to take the fight and get his career rolling again.

But after the fight we can re assess and use a little perspective.

Comment

He is already an ATG, although an achievement like that would no doubt boost him on most people's lists.

Comment

He already is

Comment

If he beats Canelo and Martinez he might surpass Pac LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
            I already consider Mayweather as one of the best boxing has ever seen. That being said, I also believe, to be as talented as he is, Floyd doesn't challenge himself like all-time greats in the past have (see Sugar Ray Robinson). For those who don't consider Floyd an ATG, would moving up in weight and defeating Sergio Martinez to become the middleweight champion of the world change your opinion?
            True , and the reason is the money , years ago the best in boxing made nothing compared to Floyd and the biggest fights were major increases in pay to them , if Floyd was making 1-2 mill a fight and was offered 10 mill to fight SM I think you would have a different look at Floyd , by now he has probably lost all comprehension of value and money .

He is already an ATG , no doubt about it , its just did he reach his maximum potential , probably not .

Comment

If he went up and beat Sergio at MW, he'd be the greatest of this generation.

There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                If he beats Canelo and Martinez he might surpass Pac LOL.
                Pac went down like a dropped pie , just another hype job that went splat .

Comment

He's already one that would only boost his case

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Pac went down like a dropped pie , just another hype job that went splat .
                    Hype job? Are you for real, you should be banned from boxing. That's like saying hearns was a hype job because he got KO'd by hagler. Or Joe fraizer is a hype job because he'd been ko'd. No logic at all, you sir are a moron.

Comment

Working...
                    X